Malander93's Training Log

malander93

Re: Malander93's Training Log

Post by malander93 »

Barkadion wrote:
malander93 wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
Do you monitor your HR with rucking? I find mine HR being below BB numbers mostly. But I am fairly new to the rucking.

Cheers.

I did in the beginning but felt I was looking at my gps/hr data too often and not enjoying it like I should be. I’m ok with using them as longer “recovery” workouts. Always feel fresh the day after a good ruck.
Agree 100%. Rucking at 5AM takes me to different realm every time..
Agreed. What set up do you use?

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

malander93 wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
malander93 wrote:

I did in the beginning but felt I was looking at my gps/hr data too often and not enjoying it like I should be. I’m ok with using them as longer “recovery” workouts. Always feel fresh the day after a good ruck.
Agree 100%. Rucking at 5AM takes me to different realm every time..
Agreed. What set up do you use?
Nothing fancy. Simple. I follow this guide http://tacticalbarbell.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=976. Got used ruck and using only plates for the load.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

malander93

Post by malander93 »

10/30/18 FB(SEx2)/Green, Week 5 Day 2, SE#1, E#2

Push Up x25
Goblet Squat (16kg) x20
Ring Row x25
Sit Up x25
Double KB Snatch (2x16kg) x10

x3

Run 2.8ish miles, about 10 min pace

malander93

Post by malander93 »

10/31/18 FB(SEx2)/G, Week 5, Day 3, E#3 + missed pull ups

3x5 wtd pull ups @25#. Pull up bar was a little short for me so form was pretty meh. Looking forward to the fighter pull up program in a couple weeks.

Run
5 miles, 44:32, HR avg 170, HR max 191. 8:52 avg pace

malander93

Post by malander93 »

11/1/18 FB(SEx2)/G, Week 5, Day 4, MS#2

KB Swing 5x20 @55#

Hex DL 3x5 @ 265#
Bench 3x5 @ 145#
Pull Up 3x5 @25#

Pull ups felt much better today. Not sure I’ll get to my E work today since I’m on the road for 2-4 days with work, but I brought my running shoes just in case.

Soreness is starting to really set in right now. Started a subscription to romwod per Nicolicci’s training log. What does everyone do for recovery? I used to love a good sauna session but don’t have one readily available right now. Not a big believer in ice baths.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

malander93 wrote:What does everyone do for recovery?
Good sleep does miracle for me in terms of recovery. I don't get that too often due to my life situation. This is one of the reasons that I can't be on calorie deficit.

Another trick is to stay active during rest day. Brief walk outside can really cure any doms and recharge CNS.

And lastly.. I am big proponent of any energy work and meditation. Even on very basic level.

Just my 2c..

malander93

Post by malander93 »

Barkadion wrote:
Good sleep does miracle for me in terms of recovery. I don't get that too often due to my life situation. This is one of the reasons that I can't be on calorie deficit.

Another trick is to stay active during rest day. Brief walk outside can really cure any doms and recharge CNS.

And lastly.. I am big proponent of any energy work and meditation. Even on very basic level.

Just my 2c..
Gotta admit my sleep hygiene is pretty shit. Will work on that. I notice you have some qijong stuff in your log. What is that? I used to meditate consistently but fell off the wagon a while ago.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

malander93 wrote:
Barkadion wrote:

Just my 2c..
Gotta admit my sleep hygiene is pretty shit. Will work on that. I notice you have some qijong stuff in your log. What is that? I used to meditate consistently but fell off the wagon a while ago.
This is a good overview:

https://www.energyarts.com/qigong-basics-for-everyone/

"Most simply put, qigong is a diverse system for working with the energy of life, called qi. Some of its benefits include improving health, reducing stress, increasing energy, maintaining emotional calm, strengthening the immune system, and promoting longevity. Although the word “qigong” has only been in common usage since the 1950s, the practice originated in Asia between three and five thousand years ago (depending on which sources are quoted). It is a vital, living practice that continues to be researched, developed, and adapted for contemporary life. However, many of the most ancient methods still exist and are practiced today, relatively unchanged."

malander93

Post by malander93 »

Barkadion wrote:
malander93 wrote:
Barkadion wrote:

Just my 2c..
This is a good overview:

https://www.energyarts.com/qigong-basics-for-everyone/

"Most simply put, qigong is a diverse system for working with the energy of life, called qi. Some of its benefits include improving health, reducing stress, increasing energy, maintaining emotional calm, strengthening the immune system, and promoting longevity. Although the word “qigong” has only been in common usage since the 1950s, the practice originated in Asia between three and five thousand years ago (depending on which sources are quoted). It is a vital, living practice that continues to be researched, developed, and adapted for contemporary life. However, many of the most ancient methods still exist and are practiced today, relatively unchanged."

Appreciate it. Will definitely give this a read.

malander93

Post by malander93 »

Got caught up with work on Friday.

11/3/18 FB(SEx2)/G Week 5, Day 6, E#4

Run 53:40, 5.6 miles. Avg pace 9:34, avg HR 149.

Missed my SE # 2 this week. Gonna try not to lose sleep over it. Back home tonight.