This was my 90% day on Op I/A.

VenomousCoffee

Re: VenomousCoffee's Training Log

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Wednesday 10/10
E session, 30 minutes on the stairmaster
followed by
HIC session, Heavy Bag Resets, x 5 rounds

This is the end of my first block of Op I/A (meaning, I did my 9th lift on Tuesday). I like it. I think I'm going to skip a lift day on Friday and maybe a conditioning session Saturday (this fits with busy time at work for me anyway) and then roll into another block of Op I/A. I haven't made up my mind on adding to my lifts; I'm for sure adding 10 pounds to my OH Press work, but I haven't made up my mind on Squats and DL.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Thursday 10/11
Off

Ended up taking the day off so I can work on things tonight (which is what I'm supposed to be doing right now...). It's supposed to be my easy week, so it's not a big deal I guess. Feels lame though.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Friday 10/12
Off

Saturday 10/13
Beat Your Face x 3 rounds

Skipped a lift day on Friday. It's the end of my block on Op I/A but with work responsibilities it was inevitable anyway. Yesterday marked the end of my easy week, and my first lifting day on the new block will be tomorrow/Monday. Going to do an E session this afternoon.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

VenomousCoffee wrote:Friday 10/12
Off

Saturday 10/13

Skipped a lift day on Friday. It's the end of my block on Op I/A but with work responsibilities it was inevitable anyway. Yesterday marked the end of my easy week, and my first lifting day on the new block will be tomorrow/Monday. Going to do an E session this afternoon.
3 rounds is brutal.. I fizzle out with 2 :D
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Sunday 10/14
LSS session, 60 minutes on the stairmaster, 140 floors
Barkadion wrote:
VenomousCoffee wrote:Friday 10/12
Off

Saturday 10/13
3 rounds is brutal.. I fizzle out with 2 :D
It's maybe possible that 250lb, 42 yo me isn't up to the point of doing burpees every single second of those 3 rounds. :lol:

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Monday 10/15
Squat 385 5x5
OHP 165 5x5
BW PU 5x5

This was my first day of the new block of Op I/A, so 75% day 1. I've decided to keep my squat #s the same (mainly because any running LSS/HIC hits my thighs pretty hard still) and add ten pounds to each step of standing overhead press. Next time is deadlift, but I haven't made up my mind on whether to progress that.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Tuesday 10/17
600m Resets, x4

I started my Base Building in mid-July, and overall I've made a lot of progress on my cardio. I've gone from struggling to do 15 minutes on the stairmaster to doing an hour without losing my breath; I can, actually, do a basic jog now; my recovery between intense sessions has dramatically improved. But those 600m's last night just killed me (only the second time I've done them, I think, and it's been a few weeks). I felt like a couch potato. I'm making my focus on this block to get out to the park a lot more to do more 600m's for my HIC and more jogging or rucking for my E sessions.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Wednesday, 10/17
Beat Your Face x3 rounds