E session, 45 minute jog

VenomousCoffee

Re: VenomousCoffee's Training Log

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Monday 11/5
Squat 425 5x3
OHP 185 5x3
BW PU 5x5

Gotta say that shit felt light last night, esp. the overhead press. Think I'm adding another 10 pounds to all my sets for that and deadlift next time I restart (I'm doing Op I/A).

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Tuesday 11/6
Did an E session (30 minutes on the stairmaster, 70 stories) and a HIC session (2 minute max efforts on the indoor rower, 5 rounds).

Wednesday 11/7
Off

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Sitting here with a ton of down time at work today, and I'm really thinking about doing a block of Fighter next (I only have two lifting days of Op I/A left in this cycle). Partly because I want to spend a little time doing more conditioning work and partly because (I believe) that I'm naturally so inclined toward the strength/size gains side of things (rather than the cardio/lean side) that I can get away with two days of lifting and still stay strong. This should take me roughly until Christmas vacation.

For my lifts I'm thinking deadlifts, front squat and overhead press every workout, with a full 3 sets of deadlift every workout. I'd rely on that to carry me for me for my 'big lift' and I think I can handle deadlifting like that twice a week since the weights for the other lifts would be relatively light. We'll see how it turns out, though.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Thursday 11/8

DL 475 3x3
Squat 425 5x3
OH Press 185 3x3

Edit: OH Press was actually 5x3. Brain fart, I guess.
Last edited by VenomousCoffee on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godjira1

Post by godjira1 »

Beast! 185lbs 3x3 OHP is crazy impressive, not to mention the others.
It ain't what you don’t know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain’t so.

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Friday 11/9
E session, 30 minutes on the stairmaster. Then a little rest and water and then did GC 12. Except I did 2500m on the indoor rower instead of the running and subbed in RDLs for the back extensions.

Oh boy, 60 pullups @ 250 lbs that day, and then the rucking on Saturday. My upper back was really feeling it Sunday morning--soreness, not pain. But man. I almost did GC4 instead for this workout (100 pullups plus all the rowing) and now I'm glad I didn't.

Saturday 11/10
90 minute ruck, 5 miles with 45 pounds

Sunday 11/11
Last lifting day for this round of Operator I/A
Squat 455 5x2
OH Press 195 5x2
BW Pullups 5x5

So that ends this round of Op I/A. Going to do a HIC tonight and maybe an E tomorrow and then take the rest of the week off. Current long term plan is to start Fighter I/A Black on Saturday and run that until I do a base building in April and May. Or maybe I'll switch back and forth between Fighter and Op I/A. We'll see.

Fighter schedule will be:
Saturday: Lifting
Sunday: HIC
Monday: E
Tuesday: Lifting
Wednesday: HIC
Thursday: SE (Tango)
Friday: Off

For the lifting, I'm thinking I'm going to keep doing deadlifts, back squats and standing overhead press. Maybe 2 sets of DLs every workout and 5 each of squat and press.
godjira1 wrote:Beast! 185lbs 3x3 OHP is crazy impressive, not to mention the others.
Thanks!

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Monday 11/12
Meat Eater 1 x5 rounds

holy hell

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

VenomousCoffee wrote:Monday 11/12
Meat Eater 1 x5 rounds

holy hell
:lol: This one really gets you. Cheers.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

It's possible that after number 5, I just lay down in the grass for a few minutes. :lol: