Rydo Training

Rydo

Rydo Training

Post by Rydo »

Evening Troops.

Background
-24 Years old, 5'9 and a far from lean 183lbs
-Currently doing a Merchant Navy (non-military) cadetship and so will be away at sea half the year after I'm qualified (will cross that training bridge when I come to it)
-Dodgy right knee (ACL reconstruction followed by a meniscus surgery which has re-torn but not operated again as it doesn't bother me too much day to day)
-Grew up very active and fit, mainly from football (Soccer) training.
-Joined the Army but was Medically discharged after a couple years due to my knee problems
-Have been almost sedentary since leaving the Army and am probably as unfit as I've ever been!

Current Goals
-Make exercise, good sleep and healthy nutrition into an automatic, daily habit I look forward to.
-Stick with one tried and tested program instead of a million false starts (hence the log)
-Being able to touch my toes without feeling like I'm about to crumble

Training
-Base Building as per The Book.
-Try and chuck a yoga session in 1-2x week
-Make a daily goal for Exercise, Sleep, Nutrition and my Career each day to give me something to aim for and review at the end of the day (and post it here to keep me accountable)
-Remember to log it all here!

Today's training
Going to start BB this coming Monday but didn't want to just sack off exercise all weekend so managed a 30m treadmill run at the gym. My first run in a LONG time!

-30m treadmill, 2' incline, averaging 4.3mph

Lets Go!

Barkadion

Re: Rydo Training

Post by Barkadion »

Rydo wrote:Evening Troops.

Background
-24 Years old, 5'9 and a far from lean 183lbs
-Currently doing a Merchant Navy (non-military) cadetship and so will be away at sea half the year after I'm qualified (will cross that training bridge when I come to it)
-Dodgy right knee (ACL reconstruction followed by a meniscus surgery which has re-torn but not operated again as it doesn't bother me too much day to day)
-Grew up very active and fit, mainly from football (Soccer) training.
-Joined the Army but was Medically discharged after a couple years due to my knee problems
-Have been almost sedentary since leaving the Army and am probably as unfit as I've ever been!

Current Goals
-Make exercise, good sleep and healthy nutrition into an automatic, daily habit I look forward to.
-Stick with one tried and tested program instead of a million false starts (hence the log)
-Being able to touch my toes without feeling like I'm about to crumble

Training
-Base Building as per The Book.
-Try and chuck a yoga session in 1-2x week
-Make a daily goal for Exercise, Sleep, Nutrition and my Career each day to give me something to aim for and review at the end of the day (and post it here to keep me accountable)
-Remember to log it all here!

Today's training
Going to start BB this coming Monday but didn't want to just sack off exercise all weekend so managed a 30m treadmill run at the gym. My first run in a LONG time!

-30m treadmill, 2' incline, averaging 4.3mph

Lets Go!
Good luck, mate! Consistency always wins!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky