Kaito's Log

Kaito

Kaito's Log

Post by Kaito »

Hey,
been a bit lazy the last month or two and had to deal with knee pain. Training was very inconsistent and I didn't really apply any TB principles :?
Goals are eventually competing in martial arts and/or joining my local SWAT. I enjoy the process and don't stress about things.

Gonna hit the big reset button and just started with BB all over again. Might not be optimal but i don't like to miss martial arts so i try to fit in 2-3 sessions a week in BB. Results won't suffer hopefully :)
After BB it's going to be Black or Black PRO.

03.12-07.12

Monday
-3x20 Kettlebell SE (12kg/26lbs)
Swings,Goblets,Renegade Rows,Floor Press,Deadlift. Session was not hard at all. Wanted to ease into things.

Tuesday
-60min Muay Thai
Subject was knees, doing partner drills and Thai pads afterwards. Didn't go full out.

Wednesday
-60min LSS run
Was planning to go for easy 30min but the motivation kicked in :shock:

Thursday - Friday
-Cold kicking in, resting... thanks Obama :D

Kaito

Re: Kaito's Log

Post by Kaito »

Saturday 08.12
- 2x20 SE-Cluster Kettlebell (20kg/44lbs)

Kaito

Post by Kaito »

Sunday 09.12
-40min E Triples
5min Jump Rope
10min Jog
5min Shadow box
x2

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

I also keep up my bjj while basebuilding. I just keep the runs at an easy intensity and I am usually ok.
Just skip sparring occasionally if you need to and have the rest of your recovery covered with sleep and food.

I have similar goals to you. Good luck mate

Kaito

Post by Kaito »

Thanks Max!
Sleep and food is a big one, just as you said :)
If one of the two (especially food for me) is off, things get pretty hard.
How do you structure your BJJ with the LSS/SE?
Do it on separate days, AM/PM setup or even before/after the practice?

Monday 10.12
-3x30 SE-Cluster Kettlebell (12kg/26lbs)
switched back to the 12kg, 20kg might be too heavy if 40-50 reps are coming.
Done the 5 excercises without any breaks inbetween.

I forgot how hard BB can be. LSS is not the problem but these SE-Clusters are killing me even though i thought my shape was decent. Especially Goblet Squats seem to be my Achilles Heel.

Kaito

Post by Kaito »

Tuesday 11.12
-LSS 60min run (10km)
had nightshift on Monday and felt pretty tired today. Wanted to stop after 35min but grinded it out.
Kaito 1
Quitter 0
But lets see what the battle tomorrow brings :)

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Kaito wrote:Thanks Max!
Sleep and food is a big one, just as you said :)
If one of the two (especially food for me) is off, things get pretty hard.
How do you structure your BJJ with the LSS/SE?
Do it on separate days, AM/PM setup or even before/after the practice?

Monday 10.12
-3x30 SE-Cluster Kettlebell (12kg/26lbs)
switched back to the 12kg, 20kg might be too heavy if 40-50 reps are coming.
Done the 5 excercises without any breaks inbetween.

I forgot how hard BB can be. LSS is not the problem but these SE-Clusters are killing me even though i thought my shape was decent. Especially Goblet Squats seem to be my Achilles Heel.
TLDR is go by feel and just drill if you aren't recovering. Rolling is the physically hard part of BJJ.

Those SE circuits are absolute killers. I usually go unilateral and split reps each side or bodyweight these days. 3x50 is a killer.
I will probably use a lighter weight vest for my next one and stick with basic calisthenic exercises.

BJJ wise It depends. I have 2x BJJ midday sessions that I aim for as a minimum each week. I have permanent Restday/PM shift requests on these days. I work in Law Enforcement. I do limited rolling at BJJ depending on whether I am rostered on or what shift I am working after BJJ. Monday, I was out on the road with a junior person, so i only rolled a single round with a trusted rolling partner. Today I am inside and should be ok to do more rounds rolling and push a bit harder.

Both days I have gone for an easy 30 min run followed by a 30 min walk in the morning a couple hours before BJJ. I find I can run pretty easily before BJJ, but high volume SE would make things harder. I would still train, but I know my body and just adjust my training at BJJ accordingly. Basically I would just defend and try for sweeps on people and tap a lot. No ego training would be the name of the game.

Food wise, I eat straight after my morning run and then get another lighter meal prior to BJJ. I am loading up on good protein etc and it really makes it easier for me to recover from a bit of extra volume when I train. Hopefully that makes sense.

Kaito

Post by Kaito »

Totally makes sense! Personally for me, Luta Livre is more draining than Muay Thai and MMA so that is something to consider.

Wednesday 12.12
Rest

Thursday 13.12
-2x30 SE Kettlebell-Cluster (12kg/26lbs)

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Kaito wrote:Totally makes sense! Personally for me, Luta Livre is more draining than Muay Thai and MMA so that is something to consider.

Wednesday 12.12
Rest

Thursday 13.12
-2x30 SE Kettlebell-Cluster (12kg/26lbs)
Bjj Gi grappling is harder than No Gi for me. Fighting off those grips kills me.

Besides bruising and soft tissue injuries, I never had issues recovering from boxing/muay thai in the past. These days I only do BJJ

Kaito

Post by Kaito »

Friday 14.12
- 50min LSS at 03:30am
felt good going that early for once.
Was at an As i lay dying concert in the PM, soooo that might be recovery? :lol:

Saturday 15.12
- Rest