Training for SWAT School

Beausutton93

Training for SWAT School

Post by Beausutton93 »

Hello All,

I am new here. I'm a Law Enforcement Officer who will be attending a SWAT Level 1 Course in March. I have decided to use the Law Enforcement Prep plan to get ready. I will follow this plan to the letter.

My Maxes will be determined this weekend and I will begin next week. The results of each workout will be posted here.

Barkadion

Re: Training for SWAT School

Post by Barkadion »

Beausutton93 wrote:Hello All,

I am new here. I'm a Law Enforcement Officer who will be attending a SWAT Level 1 Course in March. I have decided to use the Law Enforcement Prep plan to get ready. I will follow this plan to the letter.

My Maxes will be determined this weekend and I will begin next week. The results of each workout will be posted here.
Good luck with your training!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

K.B.
Site Admin

Post by K.B. »

Beausutton93 wrote:Hello All,

Beusutton, welcome to the forum. PPLE is NOT for SWAT or Tier 1/2 selection. It's for entry-level law enforcement PFT and academy fitness. I recommend using TBI & II instead.

Beausutton93

Post by Beausutton93 »

I will take your advice but could you explain what the differences between the programs would be? I know thats a loaded question.

Beausutton93

Post by Beausutton93 »

I will take your advice but could you explain what the differences between the programs would be? I know thats a loaded question.

Beausutton93

Post by Beausutton93 »

My Maxes are:
Squat-315lbx1
Deadlift-405x1
Bench- 225x1
OHP- 165lbx1
Strict Chinups-8 reps

Beausutton93

Post by Beausutton93 »

I just need the best ideas to get in shape for this and I have 10-12 weeks to do it.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

What is the testing you need to pass? Can you do it easily or do you need to train for specific events?

What is your background?
Strength and weaknesses?

Lift totals aren't that important depending on the testing.

12 weeks isn't a long time if you are coming off the couch.

12 weeks is ok if you are a in good physical shape and have a test or two you struggle with.

Read the faq in the strength/conditioning sub forum and post your info and question using that.

TB1 and TB2 would be a good purchase if you only have the PPLE book, but in truth I have never read it.