Ginjadave training log

Ginjadave

Ginjadave training log

Post by Ginjadave »

Thought id start a training log as i enjoy reading others and I need to keep myself accounted for.

Im a dramatically unconditioned 41 year Old Father of 3 living in Edinburgh Uk. Basically between been a dad to 3 young kids and Working 400 Miles from where i live has sidelined my training the past year and i feel like I'm starting from Ground Zero. Weight is 93KG with a target of a solid 85KG. Years Strength Goals are to get back up to 1 RM of 180 Kg Deadlift, 150 Kg squat 100 Kg Bench, and be conditioned enough to ride the bike for 4-5 Hours comfortably.

Despite Owing TB 1 and 2 for a few years now I've been very guilty of program hopping and have decided to commit myself to a full Year of TB, i plan on finishing my 8 week BB block and then transitioning to Black+Operator and cycling Black/Op and Green/Fighter as im a mountain biker at heart and need to get my conditioning back up to scratch for Enduro Mountain bike racing.

Im using Ken Blacks new S.E method which i am loving as it helps greatly in a busy gym environment where the kit is very spread out.

Ive previously Ran Bravo Base and find it Brutal by week 3 so im giving Alpha a try as im so out of shape, im also going to try the 3 x Se 3 x E method ive read about on the forum.

Pair 1 - Pull ups (1 rep adding 1 each week) - Goblet squat 12kg
Pair 2 - 2h Swing - OHP 8 Kg KB each hand
Pair 3 - T-Y-I rows with TRX (1st set T 2nd set Y 3rd set I, Dan John recommended and i love them) - Reverse Lunge 8 KG KB each hand
Pair 4 - Push ups - 60 second Farmers walk 28 kg KB each hand

E will be LSS Runs with occasionally Longer Mountain Bike rides on Saturdays if family Life allows. I have also Signed up to ROMWOD which i am doing daily and finding to be excellent.

Barkadion

Re: Ginjadave training log

Post by Barkadion »

Welcome mate. Good luck with your TB training!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Good luck!

Ginjadave

Post by Ginjadave »

Cheers for the welcome guys.

Struggled last night with the Alpha circuits last night, i was battered by the end. I have a third circuit on Friday, will see how i go but i think ill keep the reps at 20 for next week as going to 30 feels like it would be too much, either that or my cluster is too much, although my sets of pull-ups are 2 at the moment so hardly taxing.

Session 3 of the ROMWOD welcome last night and i can honestly say im already feeling the benefits, i feel very chilled after finishing it and feels good after training.

35 Min LSS run tonight, im listening to podcasts to help alleviate the boredom i find when running.

Ginjadave

Post by Ginjadave »

15 hr shift at work yesterday so was a struggle to bet my arse out the door.

Finally got myself together at 9.50pm and did a 35 min Lss run at 134bpm using Maff method, surprisingly given how tired I was I really enjoyed tonight’s run.

ROMWOD session after Run.

I feel drained today so will give the extra S.E circuit a miss and just do my ROMWOD tonight, clearly there’s a reason the BB template is 2 S.E sessions with Friday as a recovery day!

Ginjadave

Post by Ginjadave »

40 min run at 134 bpm yesterday Saturday 12th followed by RomWod.

Rest day today Sunday 13th, just Romwod session later on, good job as it was the wedding anniversary yesterday and I’m pretty hungover.

Ginjadave

Post by Ginjadave »

Work and Family life have been crazy so haven’t updated in a while.

Today is the end of Week 4 BB. I have made every session and hit a Romwod each night before bed, I’m feeling good.

I learned in week 2 that 3 x SE a week is too much for me at the moment so I’ve stuck to the standard BB template from TB 2 and take Friday as a Recovery/long Romwod Day. I also crashed last week trying to hit 30 reps per set so dropped to 25. I’ll hit 3x30 for week 5 before the MS work kicks in.

50 minute LSS today and Romwod to round off the week, pure recovery tomorrow if you can call wrangling 3 kids a recovery day.

Ginjadave

Post by Ginjadave »

Work still full on as is family life hence the weekly updates.

Finished week 5 of BB, very glad to be through the SE portion, it was getting tough by the end of this week.

Planned a 60 minute LSS run today as I’d done 5( minutes Tues and Weds last week but I felt like crap at 40 minutes and cut it off there.

Very much looking forward to the MS and HIC next week.

Ginjadave

Post by Ginjadave »

Start of week 6 BB yesterday. Really enjoyed getting back to MS. Haven’t squatted or benched for a long long time as I usually deadlift and OHP so keep numbers very consevative to gauge where I’m at.

Squat 3 x 5 60kg
Bench 3 x 50 kg
Pull-up 3 x 5 BW
Ab rollout 3 x 5

Weight was fine but shoulders were sore low bar squatting and also with bench. Narrowed grip on bench which solved the issue, just need time under the bar to get Rom back in shoulders gmail squat.

I suck at ab rollouts.

BOO this morning before work.

Ginjadave

Post by Ginjadave »

Completed base building without missing a single session which im very happy with.

Moved onto Operator Professional /Black last Monday 18th Feb, Cluster is Sq/BP/PU/Kb swings from ageless athlete. Conditioning is Standard issue hills Tuesday and Thursday and a 45-60 Min Less run on Saturdays.

So far so good, i did 1rm testing on the 18th, as i know Im pretty weak at the moment i knew it wouldn't destroy me for the rest of the week. 1rm was 82 Kg for Bench, 105 Kg for squat, pulp wise i can only do 4 so ill be sticking with bodyweight until i can get 10 good ones out, kettlebell swings will be prescribed as per ageless athlete.

Im using wendlers training max so I'm using a training max of 75Kg for bench and 90Kg for squat, as mentioned above Pull ups are just bodyweight for now.

Im going to run this for 12 weeks, if after 6 weeks the 95% weights are snapping up i may force progression by 10KG on squat and 5 kg on bench and se how that is for the next 6 weeks..

Just bought my first set of lifting shoes, adidas powerlift 4, not arrived yet so cant comment on how they are but excited to find out next week.