JudoRob's Training Log

JudoRob

Re: JudoRob's Training Log

Post by JudoRob »

My ankle was feeling a little rough, so HIC was done on the rower yesterday. Indoor Power Intervals x 5 completed with a bit of struggle.

As I start to near the end of my basebuilding cycle I'm looking to alter my long-term plan and have a few options in the works, but to avoid being in the Gym 6 days or to allow myself more options on the 6th day I'm thinking about stacking my HIC or SE on my strength days. An example would be as follows:

Monday - FS/OHP/WPU + Goblet Squats/Inverted Row/Pushups
Tuesday - HIC
Wednesday - E
Thursday - FS/OHP/WPU + Band Pull Aparts/DB SLDL/Leg Raises
Friday - HIC
Saturday - Recovery/Yoga

Depending on how I feel and how the week looks Wednesday could be a 60-90 minute E session, but if I'm tight for time I'll split it up and hit the minimums with 30-45M on Wednesday and 30-45M on Saturday at a lower heart rate.

JudoRob

Post by JudoRob »

40 M E in the books and one week of basebuilding left.

I’m definitely feeling it!

JudoRob

Post by JudoRob »

I've been a little lagging in updating the journal, but I'm proud to say that BaseBuilding has officially been completed.

Resting heart rate has gone from 85-88 to a base heart rate of 64 as measured by the Doctor last week.

Today mark's the completion of the first day of my current continuation protocol, which is going to be Zulu + Black. Overall, the format I plan on using until I return to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is below, at which point I may be dropping the HICs in and sub in the BJJ as Sport Specific Training as suggested by godjira in my other thread.

I selected a Front Squat and RDL as I've had some lower back issues in the past, and I find that these two tend to be relatively friendly for recovery.

The E could potentially be moved to Saturday if my Fiancee wants to join me for a run. The important thing to me is that I'm not sprinting or engaging in a hard run directly after front squats or the following day, so HICs may be moved around to suit my schedule as well. For the HICs I plan on continuing using 1-10 in TBII, which will most likely be Fobbit Intervals and a Fast 5.

Sunday - FS/BP/Row
Monday - E
Tuesday - RDL/OHP/Pullups + HIC
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - FS/BP/Row
Friday - RDL/OHP/Pullups + HIC
Saturday - Rest

JudoRob

Post by JudoRob »

Yesterday wasn't the best session. I didn't realize that it's been roughly a week since my last rest day, and I was operating on little sleep, so I just couldn't get it done, and by couldn't get it done I mean my 60 min E ended up being 30 min, and a speed I'm normally comfortable with felt like pulling teeth.

I also had trouble sleeping the night before, so I'm sure that played into it.

Trying not to be too hard on myself as well as tell myself that it's not a sign of regression.