06/19/2019 Base Building Week One

2x20 SE Circuit

DB Floor Press @ 25#
BB Bent Over Row @ 75#
BB Power Clean @ 45#
DBL KB FSQ @ 2x12kg
AbMat Situps @ BW
KB Suitcase DL @ 15kg

Woah momma.. Did I ever underestimate this one.. Figured it would be easy since it was a 2x20. Round one was 7:09, round 2 was 8:12.
Side note: Trying the power cleans at 75# was not a good idea. And that only took me 10 reps to figure out :)

dratbone

Re: Dratbone's Base Building and Beyond

Post by dratbone »

06/20/2019 -Base Building Week One

Unscheduled rest day - it's been a long week with the neck and a small bout of "intestinal discomfort" likely brought on by changing probiotics. Feeling like I'm overly tired and worn out, so taking an unscheduled rest day today.

dratbone

Post by dratbone »

Operator Week One, Day 1, Cycle 1

After wearing my tracker for a few weeks into BB, I realized I'm still well within the low to mid-50's for RHR and my HRV has been doing exceptionally well. Decided to switch to running Operator from here on out with Bench, Squat, Deadlift and Pull-Ups running a very conservative training max for this cycle.

Monday, June 24th

Squat 5x5 @ 195#
The first 2 sets felt grueling, sets 3-5 felt light and the weight popped up

Bench 5x5 @ 145#
Felt magical, but very light

Pull-Ups 3x5 @ BW
Ahh, my nemesis... Despite this being a weaker area for me, the first four sets felt and looked great. Fifth was a little struggle on the third rep. Way better than ever though

Kettlebell Swings - 3x10 R/L 1HS @ 24kg, 10 2HS @ 32kg

Operator Week One, Day 2, Cycle 1
Tuesday, June 26th

Fobbit Intervals

30 minutes on the rower, 2HSwings @ 32kg, snatches at 24kg. Ended the last set of swings by taking a shot at 1HS with the 32kg.

Thoughts: I've never been able to consistently snatch the 24 with my left arm, but last night felt light, which was awesome. 1HS with the 32kg were tiring, but no way I could have done that a few weeks ago!
Last edited by dratbone on Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

dratbone

Post by dratbone »

Operator Week One, Day 3, Cycle 1

Wednesday, June 26th

Squat 5x5 @ 195#
Felt light

Bench 5x5 @ 145#
Didn't feel amazing, didn't feel bad.. Didn't really struggle with any of the sets

Pull-Ups 3x5 @ BW
All sets felt very easy

Kettlebell Farmers Walk - 3x100 ft @ 32kg
May need to increase the distance or bring out the farmers handles, felt really easy

dratbone

Post by dratbone »

Operator Week One, Day 4, Cycle 1
Thursday, June 27th

Meat-Eater II
60 Sec RI
32kg 2H Swings
21:45

This was going so well until the wheels came completely off in the fifth round... I think I was still sweating well after my shower. Fun times, can confirm it's appropriately named.

dratbone

Post by dratbone »

Operator Week One, Day 5, Cycle 1
Friday, June 29th

Squat 5x5 @ 195#
You can definitely tell this was the third time this week. Fifth set was pretty tough

Bench 5x5 @ 145#
Felt light

Deadlift 3x5 @ 200#
Nice to be pulling off the floor again. Felt good.

RI was 2 minutes for the entire week.

Good first week I think. Hopefully I'll get more accustomed to squatting x3 per week that fifth set was no joke.

All in all, it was a crappy week of sleep, and decent nutrition, but had some foods I normally wouldn't.

It ended on a great note with a new job at the same place I currently work out. 2 weeks countdown to lower at work stress starts now!

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

Congrats on the new job!

dratbone

Post by dratbone »

Thanks @VenomousCoffee! Unfortunately, that ended up being a huge mistake going to that team. So, just over a year later, back on the TB Train!

Coming off 2 months off resting a repetitive stress injury to the wrist and starting out with Operator for a block to rebuild strength. Then planning to move back into base building when it starts to warm up.

Week One, Block One

2/15/2021 5x5 2 mi RI

Bench
125#

Squat
175#

Pull Ups
5/4/3/2/1

KBS
24 Kg 1HS

Notes: Bench felt good, almost too light. Squats felt horrible.. Need to remember to keep a wider stance. Pull-Ups - 5 Second Negative start from Chin over Bar. Swings felt OK, but weight felt right.

Sleep is much better now, even though I'm back on 3rd shift, stress levels are much better and I feel better than I have in years. I guess even though I've been out of LE for 15+ years, my body never adjusted :lol:

dratbone

Post by dratbone »

2/16/2021
Meat-Eater 2HS w/ 24 Kg. Legs felt like lead after yesterday. Not a full sprint, but tried not to sandbag it.

dratbone

Post by dratbone »

Week One, Block One

2/17/2021

5x5 2 mi RI

Bench
125#

Squat
175#

Pull Ups
3/2/1

KB Farmers Carry @ 2x36Kg 3x100m

Today didn't feel great, still decently sore. Lats were the worst and the pull ups were murder to even get that little amount in.