JH’s training tracker

JH308

JH’s training tracker

Post by JH308 »

Hi all,

New to TB. Was attracted to the method as I wanted a continuous training plan that was compatible with life and work and not building to an end ‘test point’. I’m former military and now working in a similar area so have variable working hours and family commitments so needed something flexible. So far really enjoying it and seeing good progress in a short space of time.

Currently I’m focusing just on strength and I’m running Operator. My reason for this is I have good cardio consistency but I lose strength quickly if I’m not training properly. To give an example I can not run for a year but still comfortably cover 10k without stopping in about 45/50 mins but if I stop pull-ups for 2 weeks I’ll be back at a baseline of about 3 body weight. As a result my starting strength numbers are low. My other consideration is how much time I want to dedicate to phys in my free time, it’s a balance! 3 good sessions a week is manageable.

Current stats:

M, 29, 6ft, 82kg.

Bench: 68kg (150lbs)
Squat: 101kg (223lbs)
Max BW pull-ups: 7
Deadlift: 101kg (223lbs)

Currently on week 8 of my first block of operator, running a 12 week block to get the rhythm. Given my time constraints I might look at switching up templates after my week 12 retest and use fighter with black to bring in some HIC?

Goals:

Basically to get as strong as possible. I want to ensure that the strength is adaptable and functional so basically focusing on obtaining as good a strength v weight ratio as possible. Ideally want to drop some body fat as well.

Anyway, planning on keeping track on here so looking forward to it! Enjoying reading everyone else’s success so hoping for similar.
It will come.

JH308

Re: JH’s training tracker

Post by JH308 »

100 kettlebell swings and 20 kettlebell cleans to keep things ticking over today. Using a 16kg kettlebell following the Pavel suggestion.

Also managed to get in a short walk.
It will come.

JH308

Post by JH308 »

Start of week 8 today. Following the direction from the book this is a hard one as it’s the largest combo of reps/weight/sets.

Started the week with BP/SQ/PU.

One of my reasons for doing a 12 week block was to really work on technique so today I’m focusing on getting the squat nice and deep.

Work:

BP - 5x5
SQ - 3x5
PU - 5x3
It will come.

JH308

Post by JH308 »

Back in the gym continuing with week 8. Lifts feel heavy today but I’m here and being consistent.
It will come.

JH308

Post by JH308 »

Ah hour of football yesterday: high intensity sprints and movement. Great for anaerobic endurance and speed work. Feeling it in the legs today though!

Couple of days away now but will be back in the gym on Sunday night to finish off week 8 Operator.
It will come.

JH308

Post by JH308 »

Week 9. Good session and feeling comfortable lifting the weight today. Hitting the max reps for the allotted sets as have enough time today.

Pull-ups still a struggle but made the first two sets without resting between reps.
It will come.

JH308

Post by JH308 »

Week 9 continues. Weight feels good. Starting to think about the retest in 3 weeks, feels like 1rms will have gone up by at least 2kg each which I’m feeling really happy about.

Pull ups still lagging though so will be interesting to see how they compare.
It will come.

JH308

Post by JH308 »

Last day of week 9 training today. Feeling tired after a few hard days at work. Weights feeling heavy but I’m here and working through it!

Rest day tomorrow and then we move on to week 10.
It will come.

JH308

Post by JH308 »

Week 10 going well, nice to be back on lighter weights for more sets/reps. Done two strength sessions so far this week and some kettlebell work outs which have also been good.
It will come.

JH308

Post by JH308 »

Away last week so repeating week 11 to ensure I’m not cheating myself. Feeling good actually from the break and strength seems to have bedded in.

Currently on 2nd day of this week and going well.
It will come.