Barkadion

Re: Barkadion TB Logs

Post by Barkadion »

9/12/16
Black OP 1b block
Week#7, Monday

SSB Squat - 4x5, 145
BP - 4-5x5, 140
Chin-ups - 4x5, Purx2/Tealx1 Bands (Super-set with SQ)
RI - 2-2.5min

KB Swings 5x20, 55
RI: 60-75sec

I've lost my BP sets count.. Haha I got carried away with some thoughts... Just got 1 more set to be sure I am short on the sets :D

Loving those damn swings :mrgreen:
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

9/13/16
Black OP 1b block
Week#7, Tuesday

Indoor AirBike Intervals
90 sec Max x 5
RI - 5 min

Train_Hard_Live_Easy

Post by Train_Hard_Live_Easy »

Barkadion wrote: Indoor AirBike Intervals
90 sec Max x 5
RI - 5 min
Good man....... these type of intervals made a big impact on my training.
Have a great one

Steve
Train Hard, Live Easy.
"What was hard to do, is sweet to remember" Seneca.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Train_Hard_Live_Easy wrote:
Barkadion wrote: Indoor AirBike Intervals
90 sec Max x 5
RI - 5 min
Good man....... these type of intervals made a big impact on my training.
Thank you! Can I ask you a question, though? How "MAX" is your "max outs" for the airbike intervals? My pace is more like "Whatever I can survive for NN sec" :lol:

Train_Hard_Live_Easy

Barkadion wrote: Thank you! Can I ask you a question, though? How "MAX" is your "max outs" for the airbike intervals? My pace is more like "Whatever I can survive for NN sec" :lol:
First time is hard to gauge the effort required...... it cannot be an all out- sprint, like a 20s all-out effort..... I do similar to your pacing, work as hard as I can for the time required [RPE of 8 - 9.5]...... after than interval, I make a note of the calories hit on the monitor, and then on the second interval I try to beat it....

If I beat it, then I am working harder.... if I don't get anywhere near it, then I aim to match it or get as close to that initial reading as possible [hope that makes sense]

We have an Airdyne Model 6..... the calories are our favoured measurement on the AD. [It is 'affectionately' known as the Hell-Bitch in our training facility, no idea why, I quite like the beauty :? ]

I keep a note of the cals hit throughout and the next time I have an interval session planned, I have a way to gauge my efforts.

I also aim to have a HRM on as well, and when I examine the app on my phone in the rest period, it gives me a reading [% of HR Max and actual reading].... it's typically right UP there :twisted:
Have a great one

Steve
Train Hard, Live Easy.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Train_Hard_Live_Easy wrote:
Barkadion wrote: Thank you! Can I ask you a question, though? How "MAX" is your "max outs" for the airbike intervals? My pace is more like "Whatever I can survive for NN sec" :lol:
First time is hard to gauge the effort required...... it cannot be an all out- sprint, like a 20s all-out effort..... I do similar to your pacing, work as hard as I can for the time required [RPE of 8 - 9.5]...... after than interval, I make a note of the calories hit on the monitor, and then on the second interval I try to beat it....

If I beat it, then I am working harder.... if I don't get anywhere near it, then I aim to match it or get as close to that initial reading as possible [hope that makes sense]

We have an Airdyne Model 6..... the calories are our favoured measurement on the AD. [It is 'affectionately' known as the Hell-Bitch in our training facility, no idea why, I quite like the beauty :? ]

I keep a note of the cals hit throughout and the next time I have an interval session planned, I have a way to gauge my efforts.

I also aim to have a HRM on as well, and when I examine the app on my phone in the rest period, it gives me a reading [% of HR Max and actual reading].... it's typically right UP there :twisted:
Great points! I have AD6 as well but I never look into calories at all.. I have to take your approach from now on! I just want to bring it up to 2min and go from there. I keep log spreadsheet and I can put the calories there in the dedicated column. Nice!

Thanks mate!

Train_Hard_Live_Easy

Anything North of 40 cals in the 2 minutes is good going :D

I'm usually at mid 40's, especially with a good amount of rest......but if the rest is shorter [1:1 ratio], then I am happy with a 40+ on cals in a 2 minute work interval.

Enjoy matey. :twisted:
Have a great one

Steve
Train Hard, Live Easy.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Train_Hard_Live_Easy wrote:Anything North of 40 cals in the 2 minutes is good going :D

I'm usually at mid 40's, especially with a good amount of rest......but if the rest is shorter [1:1 ratio], then I am happy with a 40+ on cals in a 2 minute work interval.

Enjoy matey. :twisted:
Hahaha, Thank you!!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

9/13/16
Black OP 1b block
Week#7, Wednesday

SSB Squat - 4x5, 145
BP - 5x5, 140
Chin-ups - 4x5, Purx2/Tealx1 Bands (Super-set with SQ)
RI - 2-2.5min

TGU - 3/each side, 35

Going up to Half-Kneeling and back down for TGU due to the low ceiling. I haven't done it for almost a year. I'm surprised with my shitty form.
Gotta run SS at some point.. :roll:

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

9/15/2016
TB OP 1b Block
Week#7, Thursday

MEII, 10 rounds

KB Swings, 55x10
Burpees, BWx10

RI: