Barkadion TB Logs

Adski

Re: Barkadion TB Logs

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:30 pm
Adski wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:27 pm Glad to see you’re back and recovered Bark.
Thank you Adski! February has its own spell :)
It does seem to lol. How is Zulu IA going?

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:19 pm
Adski wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:27 pm Glad to see you’re back and recovered Bark.
Loving it so far. Unilateral cluster goes very well if you either recovering or have some other demands in your life for the moment. Frankly, I might stick with it for this year. Also, I feel that E is taking over HIC.. again for the moment.. but overall TB proves to be very flexible and bulletproof. It never fails you!

How’s your training going?
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Adski

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:38 pm

Loving it so far. Unilateral cluster goes very well if you either recovering or have some other demands in your life for the moment. Frankly, I might stick with it for this year. Also, I feel that E is taking over HIC.. again for the moment.. but overall TB proves to be very flexible and bulletproof. It never fails you!

Ah that’s awesome! And E taking over HIC, nice, it could be a worthwhile and refreshing adjustment. It definitely never fails.

Well, it’s been good, though my quads/knees were a little stiff/achy after a lot of front squats over the last while, so I was thinking of doing a bit more unilateral stuff myself, running something like fighter/the 6 day option with two strength days in infinite intensity. I strayed that and may have gone heavier than I realised on lunges and snatches and was a bit sore until today. So I’m in the figuring it out stage at the moment basically. I want to focus a bit more on skating and boxing work so I figure a two day strength option isn’t a bad way to go. I’ll work it out. Funny you mention the E work, as I was still feeling a bit off yesterday that was my alternative to an HIC.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:56 am

Ah that’s awesome! And E taking over HIC, nice, it could be a worthwhile and refreshing adjustment. It definitely never fails.

Well, it’s been good, though my quads/knees were a little stiff/achy after a lot of front squats over the last while, so I was thinking of doing a bit more unilateral stuff myself, running something like fighter/the 6 day option with two strength days in infinite intensity. I strayed that and may have gone heavier than I realised on lunges and snatches and was a bit sore until today. So I’m in the figuring it out stage at the moment basically. I want to focus a bit more on skating and boxing work so I figure a two day strength option isn’t a bad way to go. I’ll work it out. Funny you mention the E work, as I was still feeling a bit off yesterday that was my alternative to an HIC.
Fighter sounds really good. I also realized that stretching I/A templates with having 48 + hrs between strength sessions is a good option. It even works better with Zulu I/A since you are alternating lifts. Unilateral exercises will fit nicely into it. Zulu can be done with 2 main lifts per session as well..
Anyways, good luck with your decision!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

2/11/24
Block#69 Zulu I/A

Week#1, Day#4

Core Fobbit
Airbike - 2 min
KB Suitecase Carry
Airbike - 2 min
Burpees - 15
x 40 min
Last edited by Barkadion on Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

2/12/24
Block#69 Zulu I/A

Week#1, Day#5

Warmup
Mobility drills
x 10 min

Lifts, 75%
BSS - 3x5
OA KB OHP - 3x5
WPU - 3x5

Finisher
Foam rolling

Adski

Post by Adski »

Barkadion wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:07 am

Fighter sounds really good. I also realized that stretching I/A templates with having 48 + hrs between strength sessions is a good option. It even works better with Zulu I/A since you are alternating lifts. Unilateral exercises will fit nicely into it. Zulu can be done with 2 main lifts per session as well..
Actually thinking about pushing times between MS sessions helped me decide. Thanks for that Bark, appreciate it.
I’ve never run Zulu, I might give it a go at some point, or maybe Zulu HT if I want to back off conditioning for a bit. Thanks again.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Adski wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:05 pm
Barkadion wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:07 am

Actually thinking about pushing times between MS sessions helped me decide. Thanks for that Bark, appreciate it.
I’ve never run Zulu, I might give it a go at some point, or maybe Zulu HT if I want to back off conditioning for a bit. Thanks again.
Good luck! Will be reading your updates! Cheers.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

2/14/24
Block#69 Zulu I/A

Week#1, Day#7

Warmup
Mobility drills
x 10 min

Lifts, 75%
OL RDL - 3x5
OA Pushups - 3x5
OA Row - 3x5

Finisher
Foam rolling

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

2/16/24
Block#69 Zulu I/A

Week#2, Day#1

Warmup
Mobility drills
x 10 min

Lifts, 85%
BSS - 3x3
OA KB OHP - 3x3
WPU - 3x3

Finisher
Airbike
Foam rolling
Last edited by Barkadion on Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.