Re: OneOfManyRobs Training Log

Post by OneOfManyRobs »

2/27/2020
Block 1, week 2
Operator: black/professional
Max Strength

OHP: 70 x 2 x 5, 70 x 1 x 12
Deadlift: 135 x 1 x 15

Haven't hit either I'd these in a few weeks, so I played it a bit conservative on the AMRAPs. Deadlifts especially so, considering my recent low back issues. I'll note how I feel tomorrow and base next week's training on that.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Will Durant, The Story of Philosophy

OneOfManyRobs

Post by OneOfManyRobs »

2/28/2020
Block 1, week 2
HIC: Hill Sprints x 6

Back feels good. Quads felt a bit odd after 5th sprint, decided to stop at 6. Have squats tomorrow, don't want to sabotage myself for the lift.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Will Durant, The Story of Philosophy

OneOfManyRobs

Post by OneOfManyRobs »

2/29/2020
Block 1, week 2
GSLP/Black: Professional
Max Strength
Bench press: 135 x 2 x 5, 135 x 1 x 10
Squats: 145 x 2 x 5, 145 x 1 x 10

In honor of the date, I took a leap on the bench press that paid off. 10 reps was max effort on the last set of presses. I had a few reps left in the tank on squats, but held back since I'll be hitting some E tomorrow.

Missed my usual AM training, so I lifted after work.

OneOfManyRobs

Post by OneOfManyRobs »

3/1/2020
E - Ruck 60 pounds x 1 hour hill walk

Took the pack when I walked the dog. I'll have to rethink walking the dog during E sessions, as she has a very different pace than I do. Her "hurry up to the interesting things and then stop to sniff all of them" pace doesn't mesh well with a good Training pace for me.

On the plus side, she got a good walk, and I didn't get offered any handouts. :)

OneOfManyRobs

Post by OneOfManyRobs »

3/3/2020
Block 1, week 3
MS

OHP: 75 x 2 x 5, 75 x 1 x 15
Squats: 155 x 2 x 5, 155 x 1 x 8
Chinup negatives: 2 x 5

Realized I forgot to do the chinup negatives at all last week. Oops.

Today just felt off. OHPs still are a new movement to me, and my form started to suffer on the last few reps. Squats felt weird, like I couldn't quite get the form right. On the plus side, I'm still progressing nicely with the squats. It's time to start increasing those by 5 lbs per session.

OneOfManyRobs

Post by OneOfManyRobs »

3/4/2020
Block 1, week 3
HIC - Hill Sprints x 4

Felt a twinge in my left quad, stopped early. I've been jogging around the block, then easing into the first two sprints as a warm-up. I'll do a bit more jogging and some stretching next time. If that doesn't work, I'll try Fobbits or some other kettlebell-based HIC.

I'm aware that hard, higher-rep squats and hill sprints aren't fully compatible. If I need to back off the HIC a bit for this block, I'll do that. My max strength is my weakest link right now.

OneOfManyRobs

Post by OneOfManyRobs »

3/5/2020
Unplanned rest day due to unexpected overtime at work.

OneOfManyRobs

Post by OneOfManyRobs »

3/6/2020
Block 1, week 3
Max Strength
Bench: 145 x 2 x 5, 145 x 1 x 5
Deadlift: 165 x 12

Had an extended rest before the bench AMRAP set, as I was getting lunch into the oven. Definitely at the point where the bench press should be advanced by 2.5 lbs/day. Limit on deadlifts was grip, I thought I was going to drop the bar on the last rep.

Tired today. Didn't get much sleep or water yesterday.

OneOfManyRobs

Post by OneOfManyRobs »

3/7/2020
GSLP/Black:Professional
MS
OHP: 80x2x5, 80x1x10
Squats: 160x2x5, 160x1x5
Chinup Negatives: 2x3

Nearly missed squat AMRAP. Feeling drained today.

OneOfManyRobs

Post by OneOfManyRobs »

3/8/2020
GSLP/Black:Professional

Planned Rest Day

Belated easy week. Realized the heavy GSLP lifting makes the occasional easy week even more important.