TaurusAir16

Re: TaurusAir16 Log

Post by TaurusAir16 »

Two day catch up post

Tuesday B1/BB W2/D2

Ex40M LSS Stationary Bike

Yesterday B1/BB W2/D3

Ex40M LSS Row

Achilles still bothering me. Want to run again, so might switch it up and do doubles or triples in order to get some running in while not burning the ankle up.

TaurusAir16

Post by TaurusAir16 »

3 day catch up

Thursday 10/8 B1/BB W2D4
SE 2x30
Little bit of fatigue in the movements, but no misses and good tempo.

Yesterday 10/9 B1/BB W2D5
Recovery
Extra rest. Feeling beat up after cramming into that cockpit and fighting those kids all week.

Today 10/10 B1/BB W2D6
Ex45M
Triples-Treadmill, Row, Bike
Since last week’s run left my ankle tender for a few days, perhaps I can build the weight-bearing back up a little more gradually instead of pounding it for 40 minutes straight.

15 min each of the above, with the treadmill at 1% incline, rower at level 10, bike at level 4.

TaurusAir16

Post by TaurusAir16 »

B1/BB W3D1

SE 3x40

Finally, a really challenging volume for SE.
First two sets of pushups clean, but really struggled for the third.
Medicine ball squats ok for all sets, but a much slower tempo for last set.
Lit the upper back up pretty well with the TRX rows.
Planks a little shaky (now at 1 min intervals), but still decent.

Trying to reincorporate some daily stretching of back/hamstrings/groin. Best case, it gives some attention to those muscles that are deadened by sedentary life. Worst case, it feels good.

Next week could be a real grind, but we’ll deal with that at the appointed time.

TaurusAir16

Post by TaurusAir16 »

Four day catch up

Tuesday 10/13 OFF

Schedule swap. I’ll make the E up on Friday

Wednesday 10/14 B1/BB W3/D3

Ex55M Triples
15 min treadmill (5 mph, 1.0%), 20 min stationary bike (level 4), 20 min tower (level 10, easy effort).
I think I’m going to have to end up protecting this Achilles for another week at least. This has been one of the worst flare ups in a while.

Thursday 10/15 B1/BB W3/D4

SE 2x40
Solid work today on all exercises. Just 1 circuit will be a nice break next week, but I doubt 3x50 will go all that well the following week.

Today 10/16 B1/BB W3/D2 MAKEUP

Ex55M Doubles
35 min stationary bike (level 5), 20 min rower (level 10, moderate effort).

TaurusAir16

Post by TaurusAir16 »

Base building Week 4

Kind of a disaster right from the start. Missed my E days. 80% no good excuse, 15% beat up by the plane this week, 5% crushing pain of yet another Atlanta Braves collapse.
Here’s what I did manage:

Tuesday 10/20
SE 1x50
Managed all assigned reps. Little rest-pause for the medicine ball squats. This is the first week the TRX rows were pretty challenging.

Thursday 10/22
SE 1x50
Similar story to Tuesday.

Obviously this is far from ideal. But this isn’t a pity party.
Instead I’ll get right back on the horse. I’ll make up week 4 next week, and roll week 5 into the following.
On paper, this would cost me a week of the 6-8 HIC/E split. But since it resembles Black, I don’t feel that bad sliding it to the right on the calendar, considering Black is my conditioning protocol going forward.

Hope to be able to run again, but at nearly four weeks later with it still hurting, I doubt it’ll get it better until I can fully rest it. It is what it is at this point.

TaurusAir16

Post by TaurusAir16 »

Block 1/Base Building
W5/D1

Swapping today’s scheduled SE for E. I didn’t have the juice for 3x50, but I gotta do something.

Ex45M (Rowing)
I have six E sessions left on my modified BB before I start incorporating HIC into the mix. I intend to slowly ramp up to 60 minute sessions by next weekend.

TaurusAir16

Post by TaurusAir16 »

Block 1/Base Building
W5/D2

SE 3x50
This was exactly the disaster I thought it’d be. I suppose the pushups went a little better than expected. But everything else was bad or worse.

Bad enough to consider regularly revisiting SE in either weekly GC HIC or SE circuits as part of my continuation.
Perhaps someone has had that experience and documented it, before I go spouting off a new topic.

TaurusAir16

Post by TaurusAir16 »

Block 1 Base Building
W5/D3

Ex50M
Doubles
25 min tower level 10/25 min stationary bike level 6

TaurusAir16

Post by TaurusAir16 »

Block 1/Base Building
W5 D6

Bit of a longer combination session today. E/SE.

25 min on the rower, level 10. Covered just over 5000m.
Then, about 30 min of back and biceps with a friend. Made me miss the meathead accessory work. Focused mostly on rowing and back fly variations.
Finished with 20 minutes at level 7 on the stationary bike.

Glad to be moving back to barbell work next week. I’ve about had it with all the high rep stuff.

TaurusAir16

Post by TaurusAir16 »

Base Building Week 6

Monday-Fighter 3x5@75%
Back Squat
Bench Press
Deadlift (1 work set)

The squats were satisfying, but made me awfully sore. To be expected, I guess, for being off of them for six weeks.
Bench went well. No comment.
Deadlifts? Ugh. The weight went up okay, but it felt off. As Rippetoe said, “Just in case you thought the DL wasn’t a highly technical exercise rife with picky details...” Guess I need to review the technique.

Tuesday-Ex60M
LSS stationary bike. Always like doing this after a heavy squat day.

Wednesday-Ex30M
LSS Rower. Just didn’t have it today.

Thursday-Program Interruption
Due to possible (but highly unlikely..) COVID exposure at work, I’m being placed on a 7-day isolation in residence. As if there hasn’t been plenty of this crap all year.
I could opt to test out and be back Monday (but the cost of testing would be on my dime, to be reimbursed later), but I’m less inclined to do so since I’ve thought I could use a break for my Achilles. We’ll see.

Either way, this spells a certain repeat of week six of base building.