Jon's Training Log

motelshower

Re: Jon's Training Log

Post by motelshower »

Tuesday: Off. Baby boy arrived in the early morning. Everything went as smoothly as anyone could've hoped for.

Wednesday: Off.

Today: MS: Fighter week 3, day 2. Got it done, and I feel really good for having done it, but this wasn't my best day of lifting. I was surprised how well the squats moved, though, as I was expecting them to be a major sticking point this evening.

I'm planning on two-a-day tomorrow for conditioning, an HIC in the AM and an LSS jog in the afternoon. We'll see how things go.

motelshower

Post by motelshower »

AM: Fobbits, 24kg swing, 24kg snatch. Nothing special going on here, just getting it done.

PM: 40 minute LSS jog. It was nice to get out for a run tonight.

I re-read a couple of sections in Ageless Athlete tonight and have decided to run a recovery week next week. As JMadd puts it, "...we are in no hurry on the journey to lifelong excellence." I like that. With my family commitments moving front and center, and my sleep and nutrition being so thoroughly disrupted this week while staying at the hospital for a few days, it'll be nice to have a week to get myself re-oriented. I'm planning on a week that looks something like this:
  • Monday: Off.
  • Tuesday: Quarterdeck Core + mobility work.
  • Wednesday: Off.
  • Thursday: 30-60 minutes LSS jog + mobility work.
  • Friday: Off.
  • Saturday: Off.
  • Sunday: Off.
Then I'll pick up Fighter/Black Pro. for another 6 week block, following by Op I/A for a 6 week block. That'll take me into the new year and into a base building phase.

motelshower

Post by motelshower »

As planned, have been off since Friday of last week. Feeling fresh despite the sleep disruptions.

I started this morning with OS Resets and some light band work and then got in 7 rounds of Quaterdeck Core. Felt great, that was my first time doing Quarterdeck Core and I think I want to pull it into rotation as a finisher once every 2-3 weeks.

motelshower

Post by motelshower »

Today was 30 minutes LSS jog and some mobility work. Off until Monday, excited to get back into it.

motelshower

Post by motelshower »

After some reflection over the last 2 weeks, I've realized that I don't feel as taxed as I expected to and I've decided to just go back to Operator without over-thinking things so much. Sticking with the SWAT cluster with DLs once a week. I am also going to move over to Black Protocol for conditioning and run the minimums on MS and conditioning through the remainder of the year, though.

Today was Operator week 1, day 1.

motelshower

Post by motelshower »

HIC: Fobbits, 32kg swing, 24kg snatch.

The snatch is really tightening up. I'm thinking about progressing to the 28kg on one of my upcoming sessions and seeing how it feels.

motelshower

Post by motelshower »

MS: Operator week 1, day 2. Heavy farmer carries today as a finisher. Was really fatigued an hour or so after finishing and took a long nap. My kids that are in pre-school have caught a cold and I think I'm catching it now, too, but so far I'm feeling alright. Hopefully whatever it is works itself out before week 3 starts.

motelshower

Post by motelshower »

Thursday was a recovery day. Mobility work and walks.

Today: MS: Operator week 1, day 3.

motelshower

Post by motelshower »

HIC: Short Hills x 13.

motelshower

Post by motelshower »

MS: Operator week 2, day 1. So far, so good on the recovery front. Still feeling strong and fresh.