Jon's Training Log

motelshower

Re: Jon's Training Log

Post by motelshower »

Yesterday: HIC: Short Hills x 13.

Today: MS: Operator week 2, day 2. Added Quarterdeck Core as a finisher today.

motelshower

Post by motelshower »

Thursday: HIC: Standard Issue Hills x 7.

Friday: MS: Operator week 2, day 3.

Saturday: E: LSS jog for 30 minutes.

Today: Off.

Had family in town since Thursday, they left early this morning. I let my diet get wrecked and I drank more alcohol than I thought I might. I've also been "sneaking" trick-or-treat candy in all day. I really gotta get serious about my diet again...

motelshower

Post by motelshower »

MS: Operator week 3, day 1.

motelshower

Post by motelshower »

Tuesday: HIC: Fobbits with a 24kg kb.

Wednesday: MS: Operator week 3, day 2.

Today: HIC: Short Hills x 7.

motelshower

Post by motelshower »

MS: Operator week 3, day 1.

Really happy with how everything moved today but especially squat and deadlift felt really good. I've been forcing progression by 10 lbs. on lower body movements and 5 lbs. on upper body movements every block since May. I'm not going to force progression on bench for my next block. Not feeling totally competent at this weight, but extremely satisfied with where I've gotten to this point.

motelshower

Post by motelshower »

MS: Operator week 4, day 1.

I took a serious inventory of my diet and body composition over the past week. It's time to tighten up. All of the typical sorts of problems -- too many carbs, not enough protein, alcohol... I'm back to tracking my food and cutting the alcohol out. It's going to be challenging with my personal life being so chaotic right now and the holidays coming up, but so be it... It's gotta happen.

To top that off, my kids daycare is closed until the week after Thanksgiving due to some positive COVID-19 cases in the older classrooms. We all got tested on Saturday and we're negative, so that's a relief. But the next 3 weeks are gonna be challenging. I got my MS session in this morning before anyone else in the house was awake. My plan is to keep getting up at 4:45AM and getting it done.

motelshower

Post by motelshower »

Yesterday: Short Hills x 14.

Today: MS: Operator week 4, day 2.

motelshower

Post by motelshower »

Yesterday: Fobbits, 32kg swing, 28kg snatch.

Today: Operator week 4, day 3.

motelshower

Post by motelshower »

Today: E: 40 minutes LSS running. Felt nice to get out for run. It's been a while.

The first week of getting my diet back on track went very well. I like to run cheat days on Saturday and we had quesadillas for lunch and made pizzas for dinner. And I had 4 beers in total today... 2 while making and eating the pizzas and 2 after the kids went to bed.

motelshower

Post by motelshower »

Doing a digest this week...

M, W, F: Operator, week 5.

T: HIC: Fobbit Intervals... 32kg swing, 28kg snatch.

Th: HIC: Short Hills x 14.

S: E: LSS Jog, 45 minutes.

Su: Off.

Really good week. I was particularly satisfied with how my bench press has been moving. I'm really excited about next week.

I've been re-reading Mass Protocol. I've decided to move from this block of Operator into a 6 week block of Mass Template followed by a 6 week block of the Bulgarian Specificity cluster. I've really dialed in my nutrition over the last 2 weeks. I'm back to tracking 6 days a week, with cheat days on Saturdays, and limiting alcohol to cheat days -- I had 3 beers this evening and that's the least amount of alcohol I've had in any given week since December of 2020. I'm really happy with that. I'm feeling confident that I can make the training and the diet work. I'm excited to put on some mass.

I'm going to take measurements and pictures next Sunday. The plan will be to take measurements and get pictures at the end of every 6 week block. I clocked in at 183.8 lbs. this morning. I'm estimating my body fat to be around 17%. I'd like to push up to 200 lbs. while keeping at or under 20% body fat and then re-evaluate. I'm not sure what the time scale is here but I'm not in a rush, so I expect to be at it for a while.