DeskJockey

Re: Diary of a Desk Jockey

Post by DeskJockey »

**Tactical Barbell Pre-Base Building W4D4**

5 min warmup walk

12 rounds of:

* 60s run
* 90s walk

Just an easy run. Not much else to say. Sometimes, no news is good news.

TBPenguin

Post by TBPenguin »

You are doing twice what you did 3 weeks ago. Keep stringing together these "no big deal" workouts and good things happen.

DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

**Tactical Barbell Pre-Base Building W4D5**

Empty bar (45lbs) for all, except sit-ups (bodyweight only). 60s rest between each set.

3 circuits of:

* OHP x10
* Bent-over row x10
* Squat x10
* RDL x10
* Situps x10

Overall, an easy workout. No sweat. (Literally, I don't think I even started to sweat).

DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

TBPenguin wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:50 pm You are doing twice what you did 3 weeks ago. Keep stringing together these "no big deal" workouts and good things happen.
Thanks! The great part about logging is when you realize how far you've come. Things that used to be hard are easy, etc. I feel like I have more energy for jobs around the house, so that's nice too.

DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Day 27:

**Tactical Barbell Pre-Base Building W4 Endurance**

5 min warmup walk

10 rounds of:

* 60s run
* 90s walk

Didn't get in the full 12 rounds because I was short for time. I'll try again for a longer run.

DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

**Tactical Barbell Pre-Base Building W4D6**

5 min warmup walk

*14* rounds of:

* 60s run
* 90s walk

Felt good to be back. I was starting to get worried that after a week out, exercising again would be miserable. But the time running just melted away. It even felt good mentally. Kind of stimulating during the run; after, thinking more clearly, and more upbeat.

DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Day 29:

**Tactical Barbell Pre-Base Building W5D1**

Empty bar (45lbs) for all, except sit-ups (bodyweight only). 60s rest between each set.

3 circuits of:

* OHP x20
* Bent-over row x20
* Squat x20
* RDL x20
* Situps x20

20 reps hits a lot different than 10 reps. Went off to a strong start, but soon found myself having to stop to catch my breath multiple times, especially during the third circuit. Still, I got through it all.

DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Day 30:

**Tactical Barbell Pre-Base Building W5D2**

5 min warmup walk

12 rounds of:

* 90s run
* 60s walk

A more difficult workout than before, but that's to be expected transitioning from 60s running intervals to 90s intervals. Still, I got through it all. My legs and feet seemed to get tired before everything else. Maybe my running form is bad? Or maybe my legs and feet are just the weakest link at the moment.

DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

**Tactical Barbell Pre-Base Building W5D3**

3 circuits of:

* OHP x20
* Bent-over row x20
* Squat x20
* RDL x20
* Situps x20

Didn't really feel easier than last time, but didn't feel worse either. Considering my sleep hasn't been great lately, that's probably the best I can expect.

DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Day 32:

**Tactical Barbell Pre-Base Building W5D4**

5 min warmup walk

12 rounds of:

* 90s run
* 60s walk

From a cardiovascular perspective, I felt fine. Sweaty and breathing heavily, but that's to be expected, and nothing I couldn't handle. But my feet hurt during the running part. I'd feel like I really wanted to stop running, but toughed it out until it was time to walk. Then they'd feel better during the walking, and then worse during the running. Felt worse towards the front of the feet. Maybe I was putting too much stress on my forefeet by toe-striking? I made a conscious effort to strike with my heel during some of the running parts, but it didn't seem to help. My feet weren't just hurting, they were getting numb and tingly. Maybe my shoes are too tight? I haven't had a problem with this pair before. I'll try loosening the laces for the next run.