Annino TB Logs

annino

Annino TB Logs

Post by annino »

Background: 30M 205lbs 6'3", federal law enforcement candidate (FBI), suffered a gallbladder attack two weeks ago (surgery scheduled in 2 weeks). Desk job but active lifestyle (workouts 5 days per week). Pushed back academy reporting to early summer 2022 due to surgery.

Goals:
-Increase physical fitness test numbers, focusing on push-ups and aerobic conditioning.
-Focus on mobility and recovery. I have been struggling with proper recovery as of late.
-Come back strong and healthy after 2-4 week layoff due to surgery recovery. Be ready to take PFT in April/May

Plan of Attack: 17-week Law Enforcement template (TB2 book) (condensed BB block)

Last PFT numbers:

-Situps: 54
-300m Sprint: 47s
-Push-ups: 34
-1.5 mile run: 11:23

Barkadion

Re: Annino TB Logs

Post by Barkadion »

Welcome and good luck with your training!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

annino

Post by annino »

BB W1D1

SE 3x20

Push-ups
Air Squats (quad focused; heels elevated)
Bicycle crunches
45# Floor Press
Back extensions

BB W1D2

LSS Run: 30:00, 3.44 miles, 8:43 pace, 152bpm AVG
*New to the LSS work. Need to reduce that BPM.

BB W1D3

LSS Run: 16:54, 1.92 miles, 8:48 pace, 156bpm AVG
*Again, need to reduce pace. I stopped at half way because I felt a pulling in my knee. One of the beautiful things about TB is the listen to your body concept. I listened and I live to fight another day.

annino

Post by annino »

BB W1D4

Rest / Walking recovery

BB W1D5

SE 2x20:
Weighted pushups (25#)
Air Squat (w/40# dumbbell)
Situps
Bent over row
Romanian DL (40# dumbbells)

Extra Credit:
25# plate press 3x50
Dips 3x5

Notes: Dips are a weak point for me so I didn't go for too many reps as my form suffers at higher reps. Will work up to a higher number as the weeks go. I did the plate press to focus on chest muscle endurance. I'm going to need to have good chest endurance for the fitness test.

BB W1D6

Rest / Walking recovery

GENERAL NOTES
  • I started this week a day late, hence only 6 days.
  • I didn't push myself a lot this week. Been struggling mentally lately and also worried about gallbladder issues ahead of my surgery. Been feeling good during workouts, though. My new lower fat, plant-based diet has been helping with recovery and energy levels.
  • Next week is the last week before surgery. I'll focus on conditioning and greasing the groove with pushups and situps.