Fighter HT

TBDLOHPWPU88

Fighter HT

Post by TBDLOHPWPU88 »

A bit about me:

Height: 181cm
Weight: 77kg

History:
Played semi pro football (soccer) retired 2-3 years ago, have always been active within the gym but it’s always been seasonal lifting, after I finish I tried my hand at running and had some race targets which included a sub 20 5K and a sub 40 10K, I achieved both within 6 weeks of each other and could of done sooner, Dec 18th I ran an 18:12 5K on a flat route and later ran a 38:03 10K on a fairly flat route. My knees finally gave up with the mileage of running most likely from the years of abuse through football and being an ex roofer falling off a 2 story didn’t help.

I found weight training I initially worked through Fierce 5 LP including the novice plan then the intermediate for a while before finding 531 and now TB.

Throughout all this time I have been a huge lover of boxing and that still remains, not competitively (many moons ago I tried and enjoy it) but for a hobby and fitness that I can take into later life as well as enjoyment.

I took the decision at least for the first cycle I’ll stay away from my boxing club classes to see how my body initially reacts to the higher volume sets
Never Give Up, Never Surrender, Rise Up

TBDLOHPWPU88

Re: Fighter HT

Post by TBDLOHPWPU88 »

PRE TEMPLATE LIFT MAXIMUMS
All maxes listed from an estimate of between 3-5 reps lifted
FSQ: 87.5kg
OHP: 50kg (using a trap bar)
TBDL: 190kg

I don’t usually squat and it’s my weakest most feared lift, in the past I’ve ran a cluster of TBDL, OHP & WPU almost exclusively.
Last edited by TBDLOHPWPU88 on Mon May 29, 2023 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TBDLOHPWPU88

Post by TBDLOHPWPU88 »

TEMPLATE: FIGHTER HT
Cluster: FSQ/OHP/TBDL
A: FSQ/OHP & BW PUs
B: TBDL with Dips and Face Pulls

CONDITIONING: GREEN
A: Triples (bastardised) Jump Rope, Battle Ropes, Heavy Bag**
B: Recovery Run 20-30 mins
C: Recovery Run 30-45 mins***
** heavy bag strikes are no more vigorous then Shadowboxing but it’s an old habit to hit the bag
*** green states recovery runs to 30 minutes but if I’m fresh enough I enjoy adding a touch more distance/time, keeps me out the house

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Welcome, mate! I did Fighter HT with same cluster except for dips finishers on DL day.
Good luck!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

TBDLOHPWPU88

Post by TBDLOHPWPU88 »

Barkadion wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:25 pm Welcome, mate! I did Fighter HT with same cluster except for dips finishers on DL day.
Good luck!
Thank you.

it’s hard to let go off my boxing and occasional 6 a side football for a little bit but until I’m use to the extra volume I’m hoping it’s the right call. Have been using Fighter from TB1 which I’ll go back to or divert to Bangkok once I’ve hit 80ish kg

How did you get on with Fighter HT? I very very nearly went for Zulu HT from green but with 2 kids and a pretty active job on top of other interests I felt Fighter was right in the end