Post by Deadsandpress »

STATS: as of Aug 19th
35YR Male / 181cm / 174.4 lbs (79.25kg)

PRE TEMPLATE MAXES: Tested Aug 19th
Bench 87.5kg x 3 (95kg)
Squat 122.5kg x 4 (137.5kg)*
Pull Ups 11 Reps @ 79.25kg**
Trap Bar Deadlifts 175kg x 5 (205kg)***

*all reps are performed heel elevated box squats, 3 secs negative with a touch and go on a small box, knees angle min of 90% aka right angle depth (I have awful hip mobility and my form suffers greatly when squatting, not a movement I am great at)
**all reps are performed at full extension with 2 down 2 pause 1 up (I choose to pause to add TUT rather than doing weighted as weighted tends to flare my elbows up)
***all reps are performed with a 2-3 second negative with touch and go, VERY MINOR BOUNCING if any, these are not resets. I perform resets on Strength Templates with OLY Bar and TNG TBDLs when hitting higher volume (mythical strength reset deadlifts blog is worth a read)

I am starting this log to actually use as my own motivation to quit smoking. I do all the right things in the gym on the road, for my kids and yet I still smoke! I tested on August 19th for my maximums and that’s the day I stopped and it’s bloody happening!

Deadsandpress

Re: Fighter HT Log

Post by Deadsandpress »

TEMPLATE GOALS (6 Weeks):
- Weight Min goal of 81kg
- Increase Maximums
- 100m Sprint under 13 seconds
- 200m Sprint under 26 seconds
- Quit Smoking

The Program Overview:
Mass Template: Fighter HT with a 90% TM

Conditioning: Exclusively a Bastardised Anabolic Sprints from TB Mass

Bastardised Anabolic Sprints: Following a High School Sprint Program called “Feed the Cats” from a coach called Tony Holler, without giving much away the program includes 30m accelerations in 10m flys(sprints), 30m block start sprints, most of the sprints will be repeated 5-10 times per TB anaerobic sprints. Whilst logging these I’ll include the workout, the amount of repeats and times logged without giving too much away although a lot of the information on the program is available online.
Last edited by Deadsandpress on Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Welcome and good luck with training! I smoked for 14 years starting at age of 14 y.o. Quit cold turkey. It can be done, mate. Cheers.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Deadsandpress

Post by Deadsandpress »

Barkadion wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:32 pm Welcome and good luck with training! I smoked for 14 years starting at age of 14 y.o. Quit cold turkey. It can be done, mate. Cheers.
Thank you mate, good to read and congrats on the stopping 🚬

Deadsandpress

Post by Deadsandpress »

So first before posting and logging the workout, I wanted to keep track of rest times, set times, intensity whilst managing the quality of each set to its maximum but I’m going to work through a EMOM style routine of such

So….

Week 1 is on a 2 minutes 30 seconds timing, Approx 30 seconds work and 2 minutes rest

Week 2 is on a 3 minute timing,

Week 3 is on a 3 minute 30 seconds timing

Deadsandpress

Post by Deadsandpress »

Mon 21/08

Fighter HT: Workout Time: 48 minutes

Bench Press: 5x8 @ 55kg ss with 5x10 Pull Aparts*
Squats: 5x8 @ 77.5kg
Pull Ups: 5 x 6 reps

Finished with 1 set of 1 minute Plank & Shank
(aim was 2 of these per workout but am spent after the first session and a busy day at work and at home so called it early)

*light resistance band, shoulders feel healthier when doing these regularly after any pressing movements particularly benching

All reps felt crisp and clean, last set on bench was far from grindy but anymore I’d of been clenching my arse

Great start!

Calories Consumed: 3100 (181g Protein)

Day 3 of 🚭
Fags up till today: 0
Fags smoked today: 1 like an idiot but I’m calling it a holiday fag, disappointed but we forget and move forward.

Edit: Forgot to include workout time and included the day and date
Last edited by Deadsandpress on Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deadsandpress

Post by Deadsandpress »

Tue: 22/08

Rest Day

3400 calories (186g Protein)

Went bit over bored on the calories but nothing major will cut back over the week apart from weight training days

Idea was to get in some anabolic sprints but finished work late, then had dentist, had to shoot straight off to my eldest daughters Athletics club, then some dinner by time I was home and chilled I was spent

Deadsandpress

Post by Deadsandpress »

Wed 23/08

Fighter HT Workout Time: 48 minutes

Bench 5 x 8 @ 57.5kg ss with 5 x 10 Band Pulls
Squats 5 x 8 @ 77.5kg
BW Pull Ups 5 x 6 reps

Pretty sure that carb & extra calorie binge has given me some water weight, that last set of pull ups were a struggle 😂

Little call up for a 6 a side footy game as some mates are short tomorrow night so will stick that in as some conditioning, only half hour so just bought get away with it of such

3100 calories (191g Protein)

Deadsandpress

Post by Deadsandpress »

Update:

Taken a week off to get my head straight after a lot of $hit happening within the family it also gave me some time to recover from serious knee pains from that bloody football (not again)

Not the greatest start but it gave me chance to test my OHP again, it’s probably my favourite lift of all time and have decided to drop the bench and go with OHP/SQ/PU & TBDL with Dips

I also pick myself up a punch bag and have installed the bracket in the garage ready to do a little boxing for old time sake. This will be kept minimal during this phase, however it’s going to be to hard to refuse 😂 I may use heavy bag resets or just do some gentle bag work for now as one of conditioning days although it does deviate from the green protocol of mass