Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Maxrip13

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Maxrip13 »

Barkadion wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:02 pm Hope you get well soon. That remains me my injury. It took a long couple years to recover for me. Actually, I started TB when was cleared to train again. Initially, I made a mistake training through pain and I made things worse. Neck/shoulder area is tricky one.. Especially, if shoulder blade gets involved. Good PT is a key. Well it was for me.
Anyways good luck to you and heal soon, mate!

I am hoping it's not too long a recovery. I still have no ability to do any upper body pressing, but rowing seems to be ok so far.
I have bought some bands and other stuff in prep for the rehab and once I can run it will just become lots of Leg work, LSS, BJJ drilling and stretching. To be honest I am not that fussed besides the inability to sleep well. I am still waiting on the initial scans to work out exactly what it is before I can start proper rehab unfortunately. I am lucky in that I think I will be able to rehab through a PT that understands BJJ and can get me back on the mats safely.
Adski wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:46 pm That’s awesome that the knees are going great. I might have to invest in a sled for home at some point.
Nordic’s are always good to work with, definitely worth keeping in the mix, what are you using to do the Nordic’s?
Again I hope the injuries sort out sooner rather than later!
Thanks for the well wishes.

I think I will invest in a sled very soon. I bought a dip belt and that works great with some rope tied to a kettlebell, but I am just dragging an old 16kg that I have had for years. I have some steel plates that will probably be next, but I am worried about ripping up the lawn.

I just bought a nordic strap that goes around a bench off Amazon. https://www.amazon.com.au/Nordic-Hamstr ... B08J7XDQT5. I can't fault it so far. Though any ratchet strap would do.
I filmed myself today and I am cheating by dropping my chest to the bench and bending my legs to come up. I have plenty of time to tidy them up.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

28/2/2022
BW 80.4kg
Strength Session 3

5 Min backwards sled 16kg
Calf Stretch

Bulgarian split Squat 3x6es 40kg total
2 mins rest between sets
Nordic hamstring curl 3x5 BW
1 min rest between sets

1 Arm KB Row 20kg 3x6 es

5 mins sled pull jogging forward
5 mins backwards/forwards sledding

Short lower body stretch

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

1/3/22

Bjj No gi

Over/under pass
No rolling

2/3/22

30 min LSS run
3.21 km

Avg pace:9:21 per km
Avg HR:138bpm

Adski

Post by Adski »

Maxrip13 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:48 am
Barkadion wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:02 pm Hope you get well soon. That remains me my injury. It took a long couple years to recover for me. Actually, I started TB when was cleared to train again. Initially, I made a mistake training through pain and I made things worse. Neck/shoulder area is tricky one.. Especially, if shoulder blade gets involved. Good PT is a key. Well it was for me.
Anyways good luck to you and heal soon, mate!

I am hoping it's not too long a recovery. I still have no ability to do any upper body pressing, but rowing seems to be ok so far.
I have bought some bands and other stuff in prep for the rehab and once I can run it will just become lots of Leg work, LSS, BJJ drilling and stretching. To be honest I am not that fussed besides the inability to sleep well. I am still waiting on the initial scans to work out exactly what it is before I can start proper rehab unfortunately. I am lucky in that I think I will be able to rehab through a PT that understands BJJ and can get me back on the mats safely.
Adski wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:46 pm That’s awesome that the knees are going great. I might have to invest in a sled for home at some point.
Nordic’s are always good to work with, definitely worth keeping in the mix, what are you using to do the Nordic’s?
Again I hope the injuries sort out sooner rather than later!
Thanks for the well wishes.

I think I will invest in a sled very soon. I bought a dip belt and that works great with some rope tied to a kettlebell, but I am just dragging an old 16kg that I have had for years. I have some steel plates that will probably be next, but I am worried about ripping up the lawn.

I just bought a nordic strap that goes around a bench off Amazon. https://www.amazon.com.au/Nordic-Hamstr ... B08J7XDQT5. I can't fault it so far. Though any ratchet strap would do.
I filmed myself today and I am cheating by dropping my chest to the bench and bending my legs to come up. I have plenty of time to tidy them up.
True! I was thinking of investing in a sled at some point, that kettlebell idea sounds good though.
I have a GHR device I built years back, which typically has me “anchor” or lock my feet in at the heels, I’m curious to possibly try something like the strap to see if there’s much of a difference with the exercise.
I wouldn’t worry about cheating, it’ll all iron out as you continue to work with it no doubt.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

5/3/2022

Strength Session 4

Bulgarian Split Squat 3x6es 40kg total
1 Arm DB Row 3x6es 20kg

Pec dec flys 4x8 (Just trying to get some chest movement in whilst being unable to press)
Seated cable rows 35kg 2x8

Nordic hamstring curls 2x5 (lowering under control and assist back up)
Machine chest press 2x10 20kg (Just trying to get something in)

I am basically just playing around in the gym trying to get some form of training going. My shhoulder finally has some movement in it, but the pain is much higher. i am hoping I can get some blood flow into it whilst I wait for a proper diagnosis. I am coming up on a month post injury, so it will probably resolve itself soon anyway regardless of what it is.

I am going a bit stir crazy not being able to train as usually I have always had back or lower body issues and just trained pullups instead. No pullups or BJJ has been the biggest killers.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

14/3/22

OP I/A Strength and finisher
(Covid)
General Warmup
a.Bulgarian Split Squat 40kg x8
b.1 Arm KB Row 20kg x8 es
3 rounds,2 mins rest between rounds

a.Dumbell Pullover x 10 5kg
b.Tricep kickback x 10es 5kg
2 rounds, 1 min rest between
a.DB benchpress x10 5 kg
b.DB fly x5 5kg
2 rounds,1 min rest between rounds

5 min backwards sledding with 16kg Kettlebell

I have a diagnosis for my injury and it's basically an impinged nerve (C6/C7). Pain is gone, but I have pretty much lost the ability to use my left tricep and left pec. I am unable to do a single pushup or pullup, but it could be worse. On top of that I finally managed to contract covid after avoiding it for the entire pandemic.

The plan from here is to treat the Bulgarian split squat and 1 Arm KB row as my main lifting cluster and just play around with other exercises until I find something that works. I will be seeing a physio once I am clear from covid, but the guy is not the type to tell me not to lift so there should be no issues continuing most training.

I used the sled drag to test out how my lungs are holding up with covid and I didn't really notice much of an issue. I plan on doing some more conditioning tomorrow, but just taking it easy to get things moving as I am confined to the house and backyard. I wish I had an indoor cardio option, but I guess I have no excuse not to get my stretching in this week.

I have been rereading TB Mass to keep myself entertained. I can't wait till CAT comes out and might reorder all the books in hard copy format when it does. I think I will taking a while to get all my strength back.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

15/3/2022

LSS Run (Backyard edition)
2.74km
AVG Pace:10:58 per km
AVG HR:143 bpm

I basically cut laps around my back yard for 30 mins for today's conditioning. It probably took me about 1 min per lap if I kept things slow and took the least direct routes. Bit of a weird training session, but fun. I will be taking tomorrow as a yoga/recovery day and maybe Thursday also before I get one more strength and one more LSS run in for the week.

My breathing was a touch constricted from the covid, but overall not too bad. I definitely wouldn't attempt anything of any intensity though with how it feels. LSS is just about right at the moment to stretch the lungs out.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Sorry to hear about the impingement and the 'rona, Max. Hope you mend quickly.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

grouchyjarhead wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:30 am Sorry to hear about the impingement and the 'rona, Max. Hope you mend quickly.
Cheers Grouchy. It's probably doing me good. It's just an excuse to drop weight and work on form for my back squats etc once cleared by the physio. I am able to get training in fine to be honest and will probably end up protecting my neck better at BJJ when I return. Positives all round.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

17/3/22

Strength Session 2

5 min backwards sled 16kg KB

Bulgarian Split Squat 3x8es 40kg
Hip flexor stretch

1 Arm KB Row x8es 20kg
Lat stretch
Dumbbell bench-press x10 5kg DB x2 (focus on feeling pecs)
Pec Stretch
x3 rounds with 2 min rest between rounds

3x1 min Plank, 30 secs rest between rounds

2x10 1 Arm tricep pushdown 15-14lb band

I definitely think this will be my cluster going forward. I wish I was still able to do some pullups, but unfortunately still can't do a single rep. Pushups can be done if my hands are raised, but I notice pain after.

I am going to look at upgrading the home gym with an indoor cardio option. I am just tossing up whether to invest in a treadmill or road bike and trainer as I still want to do some longer distance triathlon training in the future.