Goblet squats 16 kg x 5
Hip Bridge x5
Kb Haloes 16 kg x5
x 3 rounds

2 hand KB swings 24 kg 5 x10

Turk Getup 5 rounds( alt L,R) x 1
16,16,24,24,16 kg

Pullups ( fighter pullup program, 10 RM

I really enjoyed today but it was a day off for more. We will see how I feel training twice with work in between.

The fighter pullup program progression feels very aggressive. After the first set the last 2 of every round was a struggle.
I have only worked in the 5 rep range recently so I may just need to adjust. So far so good for the first day off base building :mrgreen:

Barkadion

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Barkadion »

Maxrip13 wrote:Second training for today
Warmup
Goblet squats 16 kg x 5
Hip Bridge x5
Kb Haloes 16 kg x5
x 3 rounds

2 hand KB swings 24 kg 5 x10

Turk Getup 5 rounds( alt L,R) x 1
16,16,24,24,16 kg

Pullups ( fighter pullup program, 10 RM

I really enjoyed today but it was a day off for more. We will see how I feel training twice with work in between.

The fighter pullup program progression feels very aggressive. After the first set the last 2 of every round was a struggle.
I have only worked in the 5 rep range recently so I may just need to adjust. So far so good for the first day off base building :mrgreen:
Nice! Please share how AM/PM split makes you feel..
Are you thanking any breaks between S&S and pull-ups?
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

I have done two a days before with Tb fighter and LSD runs and BJJ and felt ok. I also did it with just bjj and Simple and sinister in the past + plus military commitments and have done alright.

The pullups are straight after the swings and get ups, but I plan on just getting them in when I can. The pullups are definitely the hardest part and I am very happy I was so conservative with the 10 rep max. I am probably good for 15 good form pullups, but feeling today there is no way I could hit the rep ranges for that level. My advice would be to have the final progressions highest amount end up around your actual rep max.
e.g
My true rep max is 15 and my final progression is 14,14,13,12,11. With how I work with pullups I will be good for 20 + no issues if I can hit even close to this. Haha think of it like a training max for Operator.

I like it so far but I think 3 x a week for the double days is more realistic, but the aim will be to hit 5 x for the final week. I will aim to get as many continuous days to start and maybe sneak a recovery day in the middle if needed.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Maxrip13 wrote:I have done two a days before with Tb fighter and LSD runs and BJJ and felt ok. I also did it with just bjj and Simple and sinister in the past + plus military commitments and have done alright.

The pullups are straight after the swings and get ups, but I plan on just getting them in when I can. The pullups are definitely the hardest part and I am very happy I was so conservative with the 10 rep max. I am probably good for 15 good form pullups, but feeling today there is no way I could hit the rep ranges for that level. My advice would be to have the final progressions highest amount end up around your actual rep max.
e.g
My true rep max is 15 and my final progression is 14,14,13,12,11. With how I work with pullups I will be good for 20 + no issues if I can hit even close to this. Haha think of it like a training max for Operator.

I like it so far but I think 3 x a week for the double days is more realistic, but the aim will be to hit 5 x for the final week. I will aim to get as many continuous days to start and maybe sneak a recovery day in the middle if needed.
Thank you! Will be seeing your progress!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays training

Am

warmup
goblet squats x5
Hip bridge x5
16 kg haloes x5
x 3 rounds

24 kg kettlebell swings 5x10

Turk Getups
16,16,24,16,16 kg

Lunchtime
fighter pullup (10 rep Tmax)

followed by a work run spin bike session of approx half hour including warmup. Very intense high gear grinding session.

Second day in and the weather and work has tried to get in the way, but thats alright.
It was raining this morning so I did the S&S work out instead or running and due to having to get to work I pushed the pullups back to later.
This felt good though I did have some soreness in my lower back which stretched out a bit between rounds.

Next I decided to sneak my pullup session in at lunch, due to finding out I had an intense spin session straight after.
The pullups felt great today and I actually gave myself enough rest to complete the higher sets. I rested between 2;30 to 3;00 mins between each round and this felt like a good idea. I will continue to do this and probably will occasionally split it up for a quick middle of the day type training session.

I didn't get my LSD run in today which is sad, however I did get an intense spin session in through work. Now it was definitely outside of the LSD domain, but I guess I will just have to get over it. They chose our starting gears and forced us to change up certain amounts to simulate rough terrain and hills. This was an easy 8-9 out of 10 effort type session and my legs will be flat tomorrow. I plan to train through it and build that work capacity back up before having two days off to recover this weekend.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Maxrip13 wrote:Todays training

Am

warmup
goblet squats x5
Hip bridge x5
16 kg haloes x5
x 3 rounds

24 kg kettlebell swings 5x10

Turk Getups
16,16,24,16,16 kg

Lunchtime
fighter pullup (10 rep Tmax)

followed by a work programmed spin bike session of approx half hour including warmup. Very intense high gear grinding session.

Second day in and the weather and work has tried to get in the way, but thats alright.
It was raining this morning so I did the S&S work out instead or running and due to having to get to work I pushed the pullups back to later.
This felt good though I did have some soreness in my lower back which stretched out a bit between rounds.

Next I decided to sneak my pullup session in at lunch, due to finding out I had an intense spin session straight after.
The pullups felt great today and I actually gave myself enough rest to complete the higher sets. I rested between 2;30 to 3;00 mins between each round and this felt like a good idea. I will continue to do this and probably will occasionally split it up for a quick middle of the day type training session.

I didn't get my LSD run in today which is sad, however I did get an intense spin session in through work. Now it was definitely outside of the LSD domain, but I guess I will just have to get over it. They chose our starting gears and forced us to change up certain amounts to simulate rough terrain and hills. This was an easy 8-9 out of 10 effort type session and my legs will be flat tomorrow. I plan to train through it and build that work capacity back up before having two days off to recover this weekend.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training

AM
30 min LSD run

Midday

S&S Warmup 16 kg

24 kg 2 hand swings 5x10
Turk Getups 16,24,24,16,6 kg

Fighter pullup (10 rep max)
10,9,8,8, 7

I pulled up surprisingly well from yesterdays spin session at work. I really enjoyed my run and it was a good way to start the day.
I decided to do my second session at lunch because work currently allows that and today I felt very strong. The swings and getups felt easy.
I did feel a little tweak in my back(l side) during my third round of getups. I believe i just felt they were so easy I didn't brace my core correctly.
Nothing major so far.

The pullups were feeling great for the first two sets, but I started to struggle for the last couple. I usually do my pullups to the chest, but as the sets went on I could only get my chin to the bar barely. I finished them, but they were getting a bit rough.

So far I am enjoying the two a days and the frequency, but I am keen for two days off this weekend. I have two more work related PT sessions to get through this week and they may affect how I go with my runs or S&S+pullups. I have hit my minimum of 3 S&S + Pullups and only have to get one more run in this week. I plan to do atleast 4 for each though, but life may get in the way.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

todays training

AM

Early morning LSD run 30 min Approx 5.8 km

Midday

S&S Warmup Prying Goblet Squats,Bridges and haloes with 16 kg Kettlebell.

2 hands Kettlebell Swings 24 kg 6x10

Turkish Getups 24 kg 5 x2

Fighter Pullup Program

PM

Foam Roll
10 min light job,Work directed stretching session focusing on rotation.

Closing in on the end of my first week of base building and while the early morning are killing me I feel great after my AM run.
I definitely find the run is best in the morning over the S&S + Pullups.

I also really enjoy doing my strength work at lunch. I feel really strong at this time in comparison to trying to get it done first thing in the morning or after work. While work allows I will continue to quickly sneak this in at midday.

The first 2 sets of pullups felt strong but I was starting to struggle after that. I will keep smashing away at these and hopefully the two days off after tomorrow help with recovering from this. I still feel the pullups are the hardest, but also most enjoyable part.

Tomorrow is a swimming session clothed at work, so I may skip the early morning run. If I do I still plan to get my S&S + pullups in around lunch or after work. I will count the swim as an E session due to it usually running over 30 mins and also my heart rate remaining up even when resting. Like the spin the other day it's not perfect, but it's close enough. I have already hit my bare minimums for the week so it's a success so far.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Yesterday's training

Swim to start the day. Main body of the swimming was a 400m continuous swim, broken up as follows;
100m freestyle
100m breathstroke
50m sidestroke left
50m sidestroke right
100m survival backstroke

This was followed by laps and treading water in long clothes.

Midday was my usual s&s + fighter pulleys.

S&s warm up

2 hand kettlebell swings 24kg 6x10
Turkish getups 16,24,24,24,24,16 kg 5x2

Fighter pulleys

I am really enjoying this training so far. I love the morning runs about 15 Min in and they are getting very easy.
I also enjoy the SE work I am doing. It's perfect to get done in a short period. I find 3 Min rest and foam rolling between pulleys is perfect.

Looking forward to today and tomorrow off. Back into it Sunday.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays training

Am

30 min LSD run in new balance minimus shoes. ( Just seeing if this causes calf issues through the week)
Approx 6 km and under 5 min km most of run. My Ipod died and I lost the run recording....

Afternoon

S&S warmup

24 kg 2 hand swings 6x10
24 kg turkish getup 5x2 (slight pain in lower back on third set when going back down on left side)

Fighter pullup (10 rep training max)

Back after two days off to recover and things felt good. The run went well in minimal shoes but very tight calves after. I had a massage yesterday and they felt great so I may just be noticing my usual tightness and thats all.

The swings felt strong and no issues at all. I would be able to do 10x10 quite easily, but lets just progress slow.
Turkish get ups felt great the first two sets, but 3,4, 5 felt like my form broke down a little. I will stick with the 24 kg for the week I think.

The pullups felt good after two days off. The first set were extremely easy and I did them continuosly. After that I found 3 last2-3 of each set required a pause between reps to keep my form good. I also feel like I pull with my right lat a bit so i will keep an eye on that.

Overall good training session back after the 2 days of rest.