Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Maxrip13

Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Maxrip13 »

Trying to keep myself accountable somewhere. I have a long history of training, but these days I find I don't bother to write it down anymore.

Goals
Build my strength back up slowly and continuously. Injury free (as much as my broken down body can be)

Squat -160kg ( current very conservative max of 100kg)
Benchpress - 120 kg ( current conservative max of 90kg)
Weighted Pullups - 50kg ( working on progressive overload for these currently)
3.2 km run -12:30 (current 16:40)
Get my sprint work capacity back up there
Improve mobility all round
Current bodyweight 78kg

Basically my goal is to slowly build strength and develop a high level of general conditioning.
I want to be able to run 10km fast and also sprint with weighted vest and under load.
I will add more as I go.
Last edited by Maxrip13 on Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maxrip13

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays training (second week of current 6 operator cycle week cycle)

General warm up playing around on foam roller and random movements.

Back Squat 80 kg
Instep Stretch (during 2 mins rest)

Benchpress 65kg
Lat Pec stretch (during 2 mins Rest)

Weighted Pullup 5 kg
Overhead squat PVC (during 2 mins rest)

X 3 rounds of 5 Reps

Bare minimum today due to still be sore from double training on friday.Swim work AM
Tac barbell + waiter walk/Farmers carry/Foam roll lower back finisher. PM

Squats felt really light and form felt good. No lower back issues during the movement.
I felt really good after this and wanted to keep going. I chose to stop so I can either do a hard run or sprint session tomorrow depending on weather.
I am thinking a kettlebell in the back of my car and a trip to the local 50m hill after work is the way to go.
Sprints and swings for 5-10 rounds to get back into that kind of training. The alternative is a fast 3-5 km run, but I might save that for later.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays training

Work PT double session
Tchouk Ball (give it a google, good fast team game especially played round robin style with multiple teams running on and off)
Lots of diving catches and short hard sprints. No contact which is great as it means you can only hurt yourself.
This was followed by a 45 min guided foam roll and stretch session.

Didn't do any extra conditioning due to the better half donating blood and nearly passing out... again.

I am feeling absolutely excellent. The lower volume training is working wonders for my body and allowing some nagging injuries to recover.
For the first time in ages, I am feeling full of energy and that showed in todays team game.
Usually I do enough to look like I am trying and cruise through the session so I can focus on my own training after.
Decided to put some extra work in and actually get something from the work directed PT stuff.

Looking forward to some lifting tomorrow followed by some core work.
I might do a run the day after that.
One more lifting day and I think a trip to the local steep trails for some heavy weightvest walks and some hill sprints is the plan to finish off the week.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

todays training

general warmup play around(foam roll ITB,lower back, light Kettlebell deadlift and some pushups)
I am still working with conservative maxes and have no issues just jumping straight into my working weights if needed.

Operator 2nd week 80%

Squat 80 Kg x5
Instep stretch during 2 min rest

Benchpress 65kg x5
Lat/Pec stretch during 2 min rest

Weighted Pullup 5kg added weight
PVC Overhead squat during 2 min rest

x 3 rounds

Kettle bell 1 arm swings 100 continuous reps 16 Kg
Alternate Left to Right, 10 reps each side (50 L, 50 R)
Completed in 3 min 04 sec

The weights are still extremely light and that is the idea of this first 6 week reintroduction cycle.
I have a pretty extensive history of overuse injuries and I am looking at finishing this year off strong without missing any major training time.

I will do a retest at 6 weeks and get a real training 1 rep max to work off for the next cycle.

It's been a long time since I have done one arm swings for higher reps and I noticed I was doing a bit of an excessive squat.
I was able to fix this by focusing on loading the hamstrings.
I felt it a bit more in the lower back than I thought I would considering it was only 16kg.

I am feeling pretty good all round and really enjoying the extra energy due to the lower volume of my current programming.
I now remember why I enjoy tac barbell so much.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Recovery day

Plan is to take today off and do my operator training tomorrow afternoon following work.

I also have an unknown PT session through my work tomorrow and this is leading me to be conservative for a change.

I am also going to physio Friday for preemptive treatment from an old knee injury.
Following that the plan is to chuck a weight vest on and do a fun run/hike with some push ups or similar at the top of a local stair climb a couple times(approx 1 km round trip).

K.B.
Site Admin

Post by K.B. »

Great log Maxrip. Have fun with the weight vest run.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training

Spin bike session ran at work.
Approximately 40 mins duration.
This session involved multiple simulated hill climbs and got the legs going quite a bit.

About 2 hrs later I did my operator training. This isn't optimal but sometimes you just have to deal with it.

Squat x5 80 kg
instep stretch

Benchpress x 5 70 kg (i stuffed up the percentage at the start of the week)
PVC snatch squat

Weighted Pullup x 5 Weightvest 5 kg

No finisher due to earlier spins session.
I am hoping I pull up well tomorrow because I am keen to get that weight vest on and finish the week strong.
Cheers K.B for the comment.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays training

Sadly the weightvest fun run was cancelled due to weather. This may have been a good thing as my body has gotten a bit run down due to work pt.

At work did a few 400 m laps in full kit (boots, iba etc) and then skills drills.

Following this was a PT session ran through work.
800m warmup run (100m sprint to finish off)

Squats with bar
Dumbell benchpress on balance ball
Pullups
Seated rows
Overhead Squat lunges
Core work

I basically used this as a lighter recovery workout.

I then had pre preemptive physio for a tendon issue with my left knee.
This consisted of leg straight and leg bent isometric brides off a block for 1 min eac side.
Then 30 secs with a 10 kg plate on my lap.
I also was required to do 10 rounds of 20 sec eccentric 5 sec isometric one legged deadlifts with a 10 kg weight.

I will be mixing these exercises in 3 x a week as a warm up or finisher to certain training days.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Maxrip13 wrote:Todays training

Sadly the weightvest fun run was cancelled due to weather. This may have been a good thing as my body has gotten a bit run down due to work pt.

At work did a few 400 m laps in full kit (boots, iba etc) and then skills drills.

Squats with bar
Pullups
Seated rows
Overhead Squat lunges
Core work

This consisted of leg straight and leg bent isometric brides off a block for 1 min eac side.
I also was required to do 10 rounds of 20 sec eccentric 5 sec isometric one legged deadlifts with a 10 kg weight.

I will be mixing these exercises in 3 x a week as a warm up or finisher to certain training days.
How do you like DB pressing on the stability ball? I used to do DB Russian twists on the ball and found myself roaring all the time :D
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Barkadion wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote:Todays training

Squats with bar
Pullups
Seated rows
Overhead Squat lunges
Core work

How do you like DB pressing on the stability ball? I used to do DB Russian twists on the ball and found myself roaring all the time :D
I don't really struggle with the core strength for the presses so for me it's a bit of a waste.
I could definitely see Russian twists being a lot harder on the ball though. I am not really a fan of all that balance type work.
I generally find that being strong makes me perform well on all that sort of stuff.

They kept going on about my perfect form for the overhead walking lunges we did. My only overhead work is a finisher involving one arm kettle bell overhead carries and heavy farmers walks. I use this as a finisher for my operator sessions if I am feeling good.

One of the guys who is your typical body builder sort of bloke got a bit carried away.
He is already quite a heavy boy, but decided to jump on there with 40 Kg dumbbells (approx 88 + pounds I believe) and nearly went through the ball.
This guy had the mobility to move the dumbbells for barely a 6 inch ROM. The pt instructor went ballistic and nearly caused him to drop both dumbbells.