Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Maxrip13

Re: Maximum Rippage ( Training log ) TB + Conditioning

Post by Maxrip13 »

Still sick so another bare minimum type day.

Work related PT session

Comparison between wearing IBA type kit and PT kit for different agility and strength tasks.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training

Back Squat 75 kg x 5
Instep Stretch

Benchpress 65 kg x5
Lat/Pec Stretch

Weighted Pullup 5 kg x5
Snatch Oh squat

x 3 rounds

Still sick and tweaked my right shoulder in yesterdays PT session, but that's life. It was my easy week so I decided to push through and the weights went up very easily once I warmed up a bit. That is this week done for operator.

I will listen to my body and decide what the plan is for tomorrow. I am considering a weighted walk and just going for time or a LSD run and focusing on building up some lower limb endurance while minimizing any heavy breathing to let this cold recover.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

Maxrip13 wrote:Still sick so another bare minimum type day.

Work related PT session

Comparison between wearing IBA type kit and PT kit for different agility and strength tasks.
Pardon the dumb civilian question, but what's "IBA"?

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

J-Madd wrote:
Maxrip13 wrote:Still sick so another bare minimum type day.

Work related PT session

Pardon the dumb civilian question, but what's "IBA"?
IBA = Individual body armour. I put that down as I thought it would make more sense for the american people on this forum, as we call it something else here in Australia.

I am happy to talk some specifics for anyone going into that type of work in the differences something like body armour can make. Especially for the lighter guys and females it can really affect their performance if they never do any training in it.

The best thing I ever did was go out and buy a weight vest and include that in some running intervals and body weight exercises in my own training.

Luckily my area of work is a bit more progressive and wants to do some PT in the gear to allow people to be prepared for it operationally.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training

Operator 85%

Back Squat 85 kg x 5
Instep Stretch

Benchpress 75 kg x5
Lat/Pec Stretch

Weighted Pullups 10 kg x5
Pvc Snatch squat

x 3 rounds

Still just bare minimums while I kick this flu/cold or whatever I have. Weights are feeling very easy so successful so far.
I am looking at doing base building soon with a swing, pullup and possibly pushups endurance cluster with 3-5 days of LSD runs.
I will atleast finish this 85% week before I decide which way I want to go, but I may skip the 95% week as I was so conservative on my lifts and the idea was to just get back into the swing of Tac Barbell. I am not sure whether I will test and see real 1 rm and push OP I/A and black or swap to base building to get it done for the year.

Happy for people to chuck in opinions and previous experiences. I just would like to do my base building as I have been having some recovery issues lately.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays training

Operator 85% Sess 2
Back Squat 85 kg x5
Instep Stretch

Benchpress 75kg x5
Lat/Pec Stretch

Weighted Pullup 10 kg x5
Snatch PVC Squat Stretch

x 3 rounds

Bare minimum today due to work and I will probably take the conditioning days off for the rest of the week.
Today felt hard but it was a long day at work.

I will probably just do the last training of this week and then swap to base building from next week.
Plan is 5 days of running with some swings, turkish getups and pullups.
Probably follow s&s but with 2 hand swings and add the fighter pullup program or a similiar progression.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training

Operator 85%

S&S Warmup with 12 kg kettlebell

Back Squat 85kg x5
Instep Stretch

Benchpress 75kg x5
Lat/pec stretch

Weighted Pullup 10 kg x5
Snatch overhead squat PVC

X 3 rounds

That finishes up this operator block and this last session felt excellent from the second set on. I really enjoyed the S&S warmup and it opened my hips up perfectly. Ill be finishing up a week earlier to start base building next week. This was just to readjust back to tactical barbell after doing a different programming style recently.

Ill be doing the alternative style of base building starting from next week. The plan is to try and run 5 days a week and get a minimum of 3 strength/strength endurance training sessions in through the week also. I would like 1 longer 40-60 min run thrown in each week also.

S&S + Fighter Pullup program is my planned SE. I may even alternate and train six days a week if that works better for my body.

I will post whatever I do decide on in this log and continue it on.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Maxrip13 wrote:Todays Training

Operator 85%

S&S Warmup with 12 kg kettlebell

Back Squat 85kg x5
Instep Stretch

Benchpress 75kg x5
Lat/pec stretch

Weighted Pullup 10 kg x5
Snatch overhead squat PVC

X 3 rounds

That finishes up this operator block and this last session felt excellent from the second set on. I really enjoyed the S&S warmup and it opened my hips up perfectly. Ill be finishing up a week earlier to start base building next week. This was just to readjust back to tactical barbell after doing a different programming style recently.

Ill be doing the alternative style of base building starting from next week. The plan is to try and run 5 days a week and get a minimum of 3 strength/strength endurance training sessions in through the week also. I would like 1 longer 40-60 min run thrown in each week also.

S&S + Fighter Pullup program is my planned SE. I may even alternate and train six days a week if that works better for my body.

I will post whatever I do decide on in this log and continue it on.
Good luck with BB!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Cheers mate. I am looking forward to the long runs.

I will miss the back squats though.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Todays Training (So far)
Morning
30 min LSD run-5.9km

Nice easy run to start this base building. To make things more interesting it was in the rain. I am feeling a bit tight through the calves and my left outer knee after it, but it was my first run back. Depending on how I feel and life I will try to get a daily run in, however I am happy if I get 3 if one is closer to an hour. The plan is to do my swings, getups and pullups a bit later today. I will post it here after if I am able to get it done.