Nick's Base Building Log/Critique if you'd like

nickgoldma

Re: Nick's Base Building Log/Critique if you'd like

Post by nickgoldma »

BlackPyjamas wrote:
nickgoldma wrote:So I decided to set up an 8 week base building method using the strength first model the first 5 weeks using Fighter and then go strength endurance the last 3 weeks I really like the idea and concept of using a log online to share what i am do, as I think it will keep me motivated, etc. I plan on starting tomorrow but below is what I plan on executing the next 5 weeks.

The Cluster I am using is Overhead Press, Back Squat, and Deadlift. I am toying with the idea of doing deadlifts one lifting day while doing assisted pull ups the other lifting day. I am curious what everyone's thoughts are. Anyways...

Sunday-Fighter
Monday-Endurance
Tuesday-Endurance
Wednesday-Fighter
Thursday-Recovery
Friday-Endurance
Saturday-Off

Let me know what your thoughts are. Should I add in an an HIC day and take out an endurance day? I also would like to make some use of my kettlebell so perhaps add some swings in after both lifting days? Just toying with some ideas here but trying not to overthink. My endurance is horrendous right now and I would like to build it up for future law enforcement PT tests, etc. Thanks everyone. I plan on starting tomorrow. Cheers.
Looks solid! I would recommend against including HIC the first 5-6 weeks, HIC and LSS have opposing adaptations.

Also, a little food for thought, I like your KB swing idea but personally I'd do assisted pull-up finishers instead until you conquer your first 3-5. It would look something like this:

Fighter#1 SQ/MP/DL + Assisted PU
Fighter#2 SQ/MP/Assisted PU

Something to think about, cheers.
Yeah, I wont do any HIC until the last three or so weeks, I think.
Get after it!

nickgoldma

Re: Nick's Base Building Log/Critique if you'd like

Post by nickgoldma »

Yesterday: Didn't get a chance to get some E in BUT, I did hit a double header BJJ class that included a ton of running in the warm ups, etc. I know, I know, its not the most ideal for an endurance session but something is better than nothing.

Today: BJJ tonight. Didn't get a chance to lift but I plan to do it tomorrow. A lot of this stems from scheduling for work, and other commitments. As I said though, i'd rather get my lifts in later which is better than never.
Get after it!