Lennart's log (critique encouraged)

lennarn

Re: Lennart's log (critique encouraged)

Post by lennarn »

REALLY WANTED TO LIFT today but had to take one for the team and let the missus study instead. Day two is happening after work tomorrow, or my brain will explode from unreleased tension.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

lennarn wrote:my brain will explode from unreleased tension.
Usually I have the same feeling if I neglect cardio work (LSS)..

Lacking of resistance training simply makes me dead :D
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

lennarn

Post by lennarn »

YESS! I GOT IT!!!

Day 2

Code: Select all

BP  72.5 4x3
SQ  82.5 4x3
BBR 82.5 4x3
RDL 90   4x3
Tried squatting with stands instead of cage for the first time. It was fun. The place had bumpers and a platform and a sign that said don't drop weights. Weirdest shit I've seen.

lennarn

Post by lennarn »

Ok, I got the entire week written down:

Week 4 - 4x3 90%

Code: Select all

Day 1/November 17
BP   72.5kg 4x3
SQ   82.5kg 4x3
RDL  90kg   4x3
Dips 20+20+(18+2)+20

Day 3/November 20
BP   72.5kg 4x3
SQ   82.5kg 4x3
BBR  82.5kg 4x3
RDL  90kg   4x3

Day 5/November 22
BP   72.5kg 4x3
SQ   82.5kg 4x3
RDL  90kg   4x3
OHP  50kg   4x3
I didn't have the time/energy for an accessory day this week.

lennarn

Post by lennarn »

Life is continuing to get in the way of training. The Mrs has exams, which means that I'm all dad + worker recently. I started another week but I think I'll restart it when I have a handful of days available.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

lennarn wrote:Life is continuing to get in the way of training. The Mrs has exams, which means that I'm all dad + worker recently. I started another week but I think I'll restart it when I have a handful of days available.
It happens, mate. Just do your best. Life is life.

I have learned to laugh at that after all those years of facing unexpected obstacles. It makes you stronger as long as it doesn't kill you believe or not :D

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

You can do it! Do you work out at home?

My 3yo joins me for workouts all the time. Sometimes she'll hang out in the gym and play or watch shows on the tablet (I'm pretty strict about this, but it's one time where I don't care). Other times, like this week for GC2, she'll join me. If I tell her we're exercising that day she'll always bug me until I get off my ass and get in the gym lol.

I just have to make sure I change my music selection lol.

lennarn

Post by lennarn »

Green2Blue wrote:You can do it! Do you work out at home?

My 3yo joins me for workouts all the time. Sometimes she'll hang out in the gym and play or watch shows on the tablet (I'm pretty strict about this, but it's one time where I don't care). Other times, like this week for GC2, she'll join me. If I tell her we're exercising that day she'll always bug me until I get off my ass and get in the gym lol.

Can't work out at home since we have one bedroom (grownups sleep in the living room) and not any room for equipment. And I don't want to bring a hyperactive five year old to the gym! ;)

So, an update: I did restart the week, and then I got Norovirus (stomach flu) so I waited to get well. I'm pretty well now so today I did a technique training session with very light weights just to keep the body moving. I'm traveling home for Christmas tomorrow so I'll try to get a temporary gym membership there for the rest of December.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

lennarn wrote:
Green2Blue wrote:You can do it! Do you work out at home?

Can't work out at home since we have one bedroom (grownups sleep in the living room) and not any room for equipment. And I don't want to bring a hyperactive five year old to the gym! ;)

So, an update: I did restart the week, and then I got Norovirus (stomach flu) so I waited to get well. I'm pretty well now so today I did a technique training session with very light weights just to keep the body moving. I'm traveling home for Christmas tomorrow so I'll try to get a temporary gym membership there for the rest of December.
Noravirus can be brutal.. it kept me for almost two weeks in a zombie condition last winter. Have a nice holiday mate! Stay healthy!

Stefan Olsson

Post by Stefan Olsson »

Underbart att se en nordbo här!
Kämpa på!

Här kommer lite svensk motivation! :twisted:

https://youtu.be/QrQcacLFBXA?t=50s
If a fight is inevitable, hit first.