Grouchyjarhead Training

grouchyjarhead

Re: Grouchyjarhead Training

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Trained over the weekend. Mostly the same stuff, although Friday night I joined a buddy of mine who was taking on the 4x4x48 challenge, rucking each mile. I joined them about midnight and we knocked out just over 4 miles together.

ABB W3D1:
45 minute run, 3.57 miles, 521' elevation. In just under two weeks I'm running half a mile further on the same route for the same time. The nasal breathing was easy today, definitely getting it locked in.

After my son's birthday party shenanigans, I knocked out 100 burpees in 12:01 (nasal breathing as much as possible - best time yet, and over 4 minutes faster than the first time I tried this) and then did pull-up ladders for 27 total reps.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

ABB W3D2:
Morning - 100 one arm swings with 16kg in under 5 minutes, 5 Turkish get-ups per side with 16kg in under 10 minutes. Smoked both StrongFirst times.

Evening - BB ruck for 45 minutes, 2.78 miles, 214' elevation. I was moving today - if it wasn't for waiting to go through crosswalks, I would have had 3 miles easy.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

ABB W3D3:
Burpees were slow today, sore and started late (11pm) so I was dead tired, took me just under 16 minutes. Pull-ups however were on point - 36 total reps for the ladders, best yet. I started the run but my right knee is bugging me so I passed on it.

ABB W3D4:
Knee felt better, so knocked out about 4 miles with my ruck club while pushing the baby stroller. In the evening, knocked out my 100 one arm swings and 5 Turkish get-ups per side. Time to progress to the 24kg.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

ABB W3D5:
My car was getting worked on, so I did my 45 minute run through the Italian section of the city while it was in the shop. Had a great run, 4.01 miles in 45 minutes, 274' elevation.

In the evening, decided to test my 100 burpees with normal breathing to see if there was a difference. Total time - 8:08, pretty sure that's a PR. I then did pull-up pyramids for a total of 33 reps.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

ABB W4D1:
Morning workout - 150 burpees in 16:56.
Evening workout - 45 minute BB run (3.01 miles, slow but got it in), then pull-up ladders for 31 total reps.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Training was erratic over the weekend - I was just beat all weekend long, hard to get motivated.

Saturday I did 150 burpees in 16:56 and did my pull-up ladders but only hit 17 reps.

Sunday was only a 2 mile ruck with 45#, 28:56. Started after midnight so technically this was Monday morning I guess.

Monday was 150 burpees in 16:25 and that's it. No time or energy for anything else.

Hopefully a good sleep and some rest tomorrow will fix things.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

ABB W5D1:
246 burpees for the 246th birthday of the United States Marine Corps. Total time 33:52.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

On my birthday, I decided to knock out 400 burpees in one set. Took me just under 65 minutes. That was a tough one.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

grouchyjarhead wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:18 am On my birthday, I decided to knock out 400 burpees in one set. Took me just under 65 minutes. That was a tough one.
Happy B-day, Grouchy!! Great way to celebrate! :D
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Over the weekend, I took part in a 15 hour event called "Heavy Drop Training Throwdown". Over the course of the night we did about 11 workouts, rucked a lot of heavy miles, timed runs, quarter miles of death, lots of "fun" stuff. It was pretty hard but definitely a good time. Recuperating a bit, then picking up some barbell work again - not many events planned this year, so the goal is to get strong enough to manhandle the 120# sandbag.