Grouchyjarhead Training

grouchyjarhead

Re: Grouchyjarhead Training

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Yeah, some injuries are really weird. Fortunately I'm good and back at it.

SE focus for the past several weeks paid off. I did the Robbie Miller WOD last night. It consists of a 3 mile ruck before the workout, the workout itself, and then 3 miles after. The workout is 12 rounds of 6 sandbag rows, 6 ruck burpee squats, 6 ruck four count mountain climbers, and 6 ruck get-ups. My previous best time to finish the workout was 57 minutes with a 30# rucksack. This time, I completed it in 37 minutes with a 40# rucksack. Big improvement.

Rezz

Post by Rezz »

Absolute beast. Reading your posts motivate the hell out of me. Thanks again for everything.
I just give Motrin and water out.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Thanks Rezz, trying my best. As my old platoon sergeant said "It's hard staying hard."

Sunday - 12 mile ruck march, 40#, under 3 hours and 25 minutes despite the snow. It was cold.

Monday - Old Army Physical Fitness Test. 253/300. I knew my push-ups were going to be weak due to the lat injury, but I lost over a minute off of my run time too. Guess I still had some fatigue from the ruck march. In good news, I maxed sit-ups.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Saturday a few of us planned a shot at the Army Ranger fitness standards - 2 minutes max push-ups (minimum 55), 2 minutes max sit-ups (minimum 65), 5 mile run under 40 minutes, and 12 mile timed ruck march in under 3 hours and 30 minutes (since we were going cross country). Well, it dumped snow on us the night before and the trail was in horrible shape. We passed on the run due to slipping twice just getting to the trail, but decided to continue on as planned. I managed 66 push-ups, 66 sit-ups (I was letting the cold get to me since we were doing these in the snow), and I finished the 12 mile ruck with 45# in under 3 hours and 24 minutes. This was a tough one, the snow was powdery and thick for about a quarter to one third of that.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Upcoming GORUCK Tough/Light weekend is a no go now, taking my oldest camping instead for Scouts (glad they're finally meeting again). So now I've set my sights on a 50K trail run in April. Still restricted mostly to home workouts so I'm getting heavy use out of my sandbag (adjustable up to 120#) and pushing towards a goal of 500 burpees in one session.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

500 burpees... that’s a killer.. would that be 500 slow burpees (aka Iron Wolf”?
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Indeed it would. I have been using some of his circuits for SE purposes. They are no joke.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Right.. he is great! Looking forward to see your 500 burpees journey..

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Saturday - 500 burpees, 1:29:22. Started just before 1am. Achieved one of my fitness goals I set for myself in 2021. This was a grind.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Ouch..