Grouchyjarhead Training

grouchyjarhead

Re: Grouchyjarhead Training

Post by grouchyjarhead »

20161031:
Week Two of Modified BB. Run bumps up to 20 minutes, two sets of swings per arm with the 16kg, and two TGUs per arm with the 16kg. Had to do the running on the treadmill which sucked. Other than that, things went well. Kettlebell work and ROMWOD tonight.

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

How do you like the unconventional approach?
Get after it!

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

nickgoldma wrote:How do you like the unconventional approach?
Enjoying it very much so far.

20161102:
Third training day of the week. Original Strength and 20 minute run in the early AM (1.25 miles, nothing great), followed by planks. Pull-ups at lunch (decided to use different grips each day since I'll be doing them frequently - chin-ups today). Tonight will be swings, get-ups, and ROMWOD. I am making one change - I think the one arm swings might be a bit too much for right now, as I could feel a bit of the familiar pain creeping up. I'm going to stick to two handed swings which will lower the volume a bit. I want frequent, light, and easy for this modified BB block.

Sorntel

Post by Sorntel »

grouchyjarhead wrote: I want frequent, light, and easy for this modified BB block.
Words to live by. I'm really starting to see the rewards with this kind of trg philosophy.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Week 2 Day 4.
Slightly better on the run, everything else felt very good. Neutral grip pull ups today.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Starting Week 3 this time around. Got 5 total sessions in last week, hoping for the same this time around.

25 minute run (did almost 1.7 miles today so slowly but surely the speed and endurance is returning), 30 two-handed swings with the 16kg (I was going with one arm swings initially but it's much better on my back this way), 2 Turkish get-ups per side with the 16kg, two sets of pull-ups. Still doing the planks, ROMWOD, and Original Strength. This is very manageable and showing some results already.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Third training day this week. 25 minute run (treadmill today which sucked as it was boring - 4.2mph) followed by chin-ups and swings. TGUs, planks, and ROMWOD tonight.

I also found my old Captains of Crush #1 gripper, which takes 140 pounds to close. Doing singles with it intermittently throughout the day, it's actually somewhat easy.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

grouchyjarhead wrote:I also found my old Captains of Crush #1 gripper, which takes 140 pounds to close. Doing singles with it intermittently throughout the day, it's actually somewhat easy.
The CoC grippers are a deep rabbit hole it's worth going down. They were a serious obsession of mine for a while. Did you ever play around bending nails?

Tym87

Post by Tym87 »

Happy Birthday Grouchy

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

I tried a lot of different grip challenges before but never bending to be honest.

Thanks Tym87! Went shooting and then dinner and drinks with a few Marine friends, then dry firing after some spirited arguments and instruction over pistol marksmanship. Typical Marine get-together :lol: