Nick's offical log

nickgoldma

Nick's offical log

Post by nickgoldma »

Placeholder for now. I'm going to be testing my numbers later for Tactical Barbell Law Enforcement. I decided to go with that program because I like how it has everything planned out for the reader/athlete. Anyways, I know I have opened another log for base building before but since that was for BB, and I am a little bit OCD, I figured I would just open a training log that tracks everything. My apologies in advance if this is a nuisance. To be continued.
Get after it!

nickgoldma

Re: Nick's offical log

Post by nickgoldma »

So for Tactical Barbell Law Enforcement, the first block utilizes operator, plus two general endurance sessions and a HIC/Body weight session at the end of the week.

Each week looks like the following for Block I:
Day 1: Operator
Day 2: GE
Day 3: Operator
Day 4: GE
Day 5: Operator
Day 6: HIC/BW

1 Rep Max:
Squat: 195lbs
Bench: 170lbs
Assisted Pull ups: 1x10

A note on pull ups: I am doing these assisted. Basically, the heavier the weight you select, the easier it is to do multiple reps. I figured this would be the next best way to increase some strength and grease the groove, per say. I would much rather do it this way than sub out another way or an alternate exercise. Just a thought.

I am looking forward to starting this block with TBLE and should go pretty well. My plan is to start on Sunday and take it one day at a time. Cheers.
Get after it!

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Open mat Jiu Jitsu tonight. Did several four minute rolls.
Get after it!

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Block 1- Week 1- Day 1

Operator: 70%
Squat: 3x5:135lbs
Bench: 3x5: 120lbs
Assisted Pull Ups: 3x7

Finisher:
Back extensions: 3x15

Good session to start off this block of TBLE. I plan on going completely by the book. Really excited for this.
Get after it!

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Block 1- Week 1- Day 2

General Endurance: 20 minutes

This felt really solid and though I haven't ran in a minute, I feel like I could have gone a bit harder and maybe longer. Obviously, my plan is do it the right way by the book. Glad some of my prior E sessions from the past have carried over because I did this technically non-stop. I just went in slow jogging motion at a comfortable pace and did not over do it. Feeling good.

Back to the weight room tomorrow.
Get after it!

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Block 1- Week 1- Day 3

Operator: 70%
Asst. pull ups: 3x7
Squats: 135lbs- 3x5
Bench: 120lbs- 3x5

Finisher: 3x10 Dumbbell deadlifts 35lbs
Get after it!

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Block 1- Week 1- Day 4

This was suppose to be an E session but I wound up getting caught up with work. I somewhat made up for it today.

Block 1- Week 1- Day 5

Operator-70%

Squat-3x5 at 135lbs
Asst. pull ups- 3x7
Bench-3x5 at 120lbs.

The finisher was suppose to be deadlift but completely forgot about it. To make up for the missed E session, I went on a lengthy walk with a friend that was fast paced. It was real nice out and it's better than nothing.
Get after it!

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Block 1- Week 1- Day 6

Resting today. Picking it back up tomorrow.
Get after it!

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Block 1- Week 2- Day 1

Operator-75%
Squat-3x5-145lbs
Bench-3x5125lbs
Asst. Pull Ups-3x8

Finisher: Dumbell Deadlifts-3x10-30lbs
Last edited by nickgoldma on Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get after it!

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Just wanted to add a few follow up notes: Everything has been so far, so good. The lifts have been feeling solid and the E sessions have been going decent. Just building up the gas tank, persay. This is all despite getting tracked toward the end of the first week. Things happen but I'll drive on. It's a self discipline thing.

I've lost a few lbs from when I have first started. I was around 274 I think or in the ball park. I am down about three or four lbs. I have been focusing on my nutrition and trying not to eat like it's going out of style. Sometimes I slip up, but it's a work in progress. Lastly, I've been increasing the old H2O intake which has helped quite a bit too.

Gonna keep on keeping and drive on.
Get after it!