Nick's offical log

nickgoldma

Re: Nick's offical log

Post by nickgoldma »

Barkadion wrote:
nickgoldma wrote:Tuesday-December 12th-HIC-Power Intervals:

Notes:This was a great HIC workout and I will certainly include every week now, especially with all the snow that is coming. Its a great indoor workout. I did 5x Rounds of 90 seconds with 3-5 minutes of rest to ensure I was fully rested. This is a great alternative to 600m Resets if the elements are not cooperating, etc.
Getting up to 2min with Airbike really floors me. It’s difficult not to cheat :D
Haha, very true...BUT I was going by what was suggested in the beginners section of the book. It said you could work up to 2 minutes over time which is my intention.
Get after it!

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Wednesday-December 13th-LSS

Notes: 30 minutes on the cross trainer. Nothing special, just a get in and get out session.

Tuesday-December 15th-Fighter/HIC

Notes: Fighter 75% Squat-3x5-125lbs OHP-3x5-90lbs

HIC-Five 50 meter sprints. 1-2 min rest in between.
Get after it!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

nickgoldma wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
nickgoldma wrote:Tuesday-December 12th-HIC-Power Intervals:

Notes:This was a great HIC workout and I will certainly include every week now, especially with all the snow that is coming. Its a great indoor workout. I did 5x Rounds of 90 seconds with 3-5 minutes of rest to ensure I was fully rested. This is a great alternative to 600m Resets if the elements are not cooperating, etc.
Getting up to 2min with Airbike really floors me. It’s difficult not to cheat :D
Haha, very true...BUT I was going by what was suggested in the beginners section of the book. It said you could work up to 2 minutes over time which is my intention.
Yes! It took me whole 6 weeks to get from 1min to 2 with my first TB block!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Ugh, so I hit that point in base building that I left college for winter break and I don't exactly have access to a weight room right now. I'm relatively irritated. With that being said, I kinda had to halt the weights for the time being until I get back to school. I have a 16KG kettlebell that I'll probably do some work with. Yesterday, (11/19), I re-opened Couch 2 5K. as my plan has been to get some extra E work in and do a green block anyway. I feel I need to keep working on my general aerobic base anyway. My plan is to using what I have at my disposal and just go from there.
Get after it!

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Hey everyone, its been awhile since I last posted. Been pretty busy with school, work, rugby pre-season, etc. Currently I am running a Mass template block for Rugby pre-season with a lot of LSS and some speed work. This is currently to prepare for me the upcoming season. I created a Fighter+Green block for in-season rugby to keep me aerobic base up with some speed work mixed in. Nothing too crazy though. Currently, I am planning another base building block for the end of rugby season/the school year geared toward strength (I'll be running fighter the entire 8 weeks), Strength endurance, etc. While I plan to go and keep playing rugby, I still have career goals and plans to apply for a law enforcement job so my plan is to eventually gear my training that way. I probably won't post here much till I am finished with my Mass block and then start up the rugby season again. I just wanted to throw in an update. Cheers and keep kicking ass.
Get after it!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

nickgoldma wrote:Hey everyone, its been awhile since I last posted. Been pretty busy with school, work, rugby pre-season, etc. Currently I am running a Mass template block for Rugby pre-season with a lot of LSS and some speed work. This is currently to prepare for me the upcoming season. I created a Fighter+Green block for in-season rugby to keep me aerobic base up with some speed work mixed in. Nothing too crazy though. Currently, I am planning another base building block for the end of rugby season/the school year geared toward strength (I'll be running fighter the entire 8 weeks), Strength endurance, etc. While I plan to go and keep playing rugby, I still have career goals and plans to apply for a law enforcement job so my plan is to eventually gear my training that way. I probably won't post here much till I am finished with my Mass block and then start up the rugby season again. I just wanted to throw in an update. Cheers and keep kicking ass.
Hey mate! Are you running Mass as stated in the book without any tweaks? Just curious.. I bet you are eating as a champ alongside of it..

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Barkadion wrote:
nickgoldma wrote:Hey everyone, its been awhile since I last posted. Been pretty busy with school, work, rugby pre-season, etc. Currently I am running a Mass template block for Rugby pre-season with a lot of LSS and some speed work. This is currently to prepare for me the upcoming season. I created a Fighter+Green block for in-season rugby to keep me aerobic base up with some speed work mixed in. Nothing too crazy though. Currently, I am planning another base building block for the end of rugby season/the school year geared toward strength (I'll be running fighter the entire 8 weeks), Strength endurance, etc. While I plan to go and keep playing rugby, I still have career goals and plans to apply for a law enforcement job so my plan is to eventually gear my training that way. I probably won't post here much till I am finished with my Mass block and then start up the rugby season again. I just wanted to throw in an update. Cheers and keep kicking ass.
Hey mate! Are you running Mass as stated in the book without any tweaks? Just curious.. I bet you are eating as a champ alongside of it..
Pretty much as it is written in the book. I am just doing Bench and Squat. I am running a bit extra than it is stated in the book because Rugby demands it and my aerobic base was trashed last semester/season.
Get after it!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

nickgoldma wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
Pretty much as it is written in the book. I am just doing Bench and Squat. I am running a bit extra than it is stated in the book because Rugby demands it and my aerobic base was trashed last semester/season.
Makes sense. Thanks and good luck!

nickgoldma

Post by nickgoldma »

Barkadion wrote:
nickgoldma wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
Thanks, Bark! My plan is to start logging again in a couple weeks when I start a new block. I just don't feel the need to start logging in the middle of a block. The OCD in me!
Get after it!

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

nickgoldma wrote:
Barkadion wrote:
nickgoldma wrote:
Thanks, Bark! My plan is to start logging again in a couple weeks when I start a new block. I just don't feel the need to start logging in the middle of a block. The OCD in me!
Sometimes I think that OCD is the thing that keeps me going :D