G2B's Goal Based Training

Green2Blue

Re: G2B's Goal Based Training

Post by Green2Blue »

K.B. wrote:
Green2Blue wrote:Took 2nd place in the open by half a point, qualified for nationals.

Took 1st in 4/5 events, but I did so poorly in the press I couldn’t make up the points. Vids are on my IG if you care, @westcostrong

Can definitely attribute some of the strength and conditioning gained in TB, as well as some of the TB concepts I continue to use, to my success.

Onto the next comp.
Great job G2B. Feel free to post some of your vids on the S&C if you're feeling it.

KB
Thanks KB. Done.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

Barkadion wrote:
Green2Blue wrote:Took 2nd place in the open by half a point, qualified for nationals.

Took 1st in 4/5 events, but I did so poorly in the press I couldn’t make up the points. Vids are on my IG if you care, @westcostrong

Can definitely attribute some of the strength and conditioning gained in TB, as well as some of the TB concepts I continue to use, to my success.

Onto the next comp.
Awesome, mate!! Congrats!
Thanks Bark!

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Onto the next comp.
That is awesome! I'm going to head over to see your vids now.

mikhou

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

I just competed in my 2nd strongman competition. I took 1st place. I’m now qualified for nationals in both of the strongman federations.

https://instagram.com/p/BfWeMHrgnnN/

https://instagram.com/p/BfWfH_iA9Ag/

https://instagram.com/p/BfWf6WbAqBJ/

https://instagram.com/p/BfWgwTLA6Xp/

https://instagram.com/p/BfWinLwAhXb/

Despite my higher placement on the podium, I actually didn’t perform as well this time as last. It was just an off day and I made a technical mistake. Podium placement was just due to how scoring works, and who showed up in my division.

My next competition will be in May or June, which is nice because only having 2 months in between competitions is rough. I’m not sure if I’m going to nationals or not. Other competitors are trying to talk me into it, but I wanted another year of experience. Nationals is a completely different level and I’d get thrashed.

Contemplating posting my training log on here again, but since I’m not doing TB I’m not sure.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

I’d vote Y for the logging. Your log is one that inspires me personally.
Last edited by Barkadion on Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Barkadion wrote:I’d vote Y for the logging. Your log is one the inspires me personally.
Completely agree with Bark. Show us what you are doing! Loved your logs in the past.

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

My wife has been training for/competing in strongman with me. Right now her goals are moving more into a well rounded arena. 6 week cycles don’t work as well as 3-4 weeks for us. She needs to squat, deadlift, and press, but also wants to bench. That fits better with Zulu, but she needs to only lift 3x/week. So I set up this 4 week Zulu program for her.

A: DL & OHP
B: SQ & BP

Week 1:
A70% B70% A80%

Week 2:
B80% A90% B90%

Week 3:
A75% B75% A85%

Week 4:
B85% A95% B95%

She does bw pull-ups every lifting day. Just thought I’d throw this out there in the off chance anyone is looking for something similar that still works with TB fundamentals.

Post by Likes »

Congrats on the win!

Those Axle DL looked really uncomfortable because of all the bounce from the tires

mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Green2Blue wrote:My wife has been training for/competing in strongman with me. Right now her goals are moving more into a well rounded arena. 6 week cycles don’t work as well as 3-4 weeks for us. She needs to squat, deadlift, and press, but also wants to bench. That fits better with Zulu, but she needs to only lift 3x/week. So I set up this 4 week Zulu program for her.

A: DL & OHP
B: SQ & BP

Week 1:
A70% B70% A80%

Week 2:
B80% A90% B90%

Week 3:
A75% B75% A85%

Week 4:
B85% A95% B95%

She does bw pull-ups every lifting day. Just thought I’d throw this out there in the off chance anyone is looking for something similar that still works with TB fundamentals.
I've done similar cycles in the past and they have always worked well for me. I feel like a more well-rounded athlete when I use Zulu. I'm not as strong as others, but I'm healthy and continue to move well as I get older, and I find that Zulu keeps me feeling that way.