Alottadav's Goin GREEN

alottadav

Alottadav's Goin GREEN

Post by alottadav »

As title suggests......I'll be starting a Green Protocol this next week.

2 day lifting on day 1/4. I want to do FS, and OHP for sure, but debating if I should do WPU or Power cleans as my 3rd lift.
If I do P.Cleans Ill be getting in extra pullup work with my E runs, just tossing out additional calisthenics for some pullup work.
---------------OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS HERE.......

I'll do starting maxes for FS PC WPU and DL.

My first 5 weeks of E work will be a mix between running/ finning/ water confidence work/ and a 1x a week mtn bike ride for fun.
I plan on getting majority of the E work in via running- and adding the pool work via fin sessions or Underwater laps in after my strength sessions since the GYM and POOL are co-located.

Sample week: please advise of any ideas that differ

Day 1- FS, OHP, (WPU or P Cleans) OR MAYBE BOTH?.........then hop in the pool for 45min of either finning/ underwater work.
Day 2- 30 to 45 min run LISS (maybe additional pullups if not doing WPU)
Day 3- 30 to 45 min run.
Day 4- FS OHP WPU/PC. hit some underwater work give the legs a break.
Day 5- E pool session, or Run
Day 6- 90+ min mountain biking for fun

alottadav

Re: Alottadav's Goin GREEN

Post by alottadav »

Maxed out today. Conservative training maxes.

FS - 215. WPU 63#+BW POWER CLEANS 185x2, sloppy so I'll likely use 185 regardless been about a year since I've done one.
DEADS. 405. OHP 155, which is approx. current bodyweight.

FS and PC clearly need work, and I want my pullup SE to increase as well. I'm fine with DL.

Spent 30 mins doing Underwaters after the lifting for some E work and to get back into the pool.

My thoughts on using PC is to get a more explosive lift involved, and do dips/BW pullups on non Max Strength days- as I'm looking for SE gains in those areas.

Penny for your thoughts please- anyone and everyone.

Saracen

Post by Saracen »

What are your overall training goals? Might help to tailor the advice for your intended outcome..

alottadav

Post by alottadav »

Good point.

Goals are to maintain strength primarily. Hopefully increase a little but it's not the main goal

I'd like to ideally in 3-4 months be able to run a sub 19:30 5k.
Fin swim 1500m in 27min.
20+ pull-ups. 70+ push and sit ups.

For a PT test clearly.
Barbell training is my favorite but I realize it takes a back seat in this agenda- so if I can get stronger during that's a plus, but not a goal.

Saracen

Post by Saracen »

alottadav wrote:Good point.

Goals are to maintain strength primarily. Hopefully increase a little but it's not the main goal

I'd like to ideally in 3-4 months be able to run a sub 19:30 5k.
Fin swim 1500m in 27min.
20+ pull-ups. 70+ push and sit ups.

For a PT test clearly.
Barbell training is my favorite but I realize it takes a back seat in this agenda- so if I can get stronger during that's a plus, but not a goal.
Gotcha. My two cents:

If it's for a PT test, you'll want to be a little more systematic with the pull-up/push-up training especially since you have target numbers as goals. Instead of Fighter I'd personally go with Bangkok. Weighted pull-ups on the two strength days and bodyweight pull-ups and push-ups on the Bangkok/SE day. Sprinkle in extra push-ups throughout the week. One of the techniques used around here is to cap SE pull-ups at a lower number, like 20 or 30 instead of going all the way up to 50 like with the other exercises.
Again, based on your goals I'd scrap the cleans and include some KB swings or even snatches on conditioning days or finishers instead.

Is the run for the PT test a long one? Just wondering why you're going green instead of the usual Black-Professional...

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

alottadav wrote: Day 6- 90+ min mountain biking for fun
That's right. It's fine to go outside and play! I just finished a great "gravel grind" on my bike.

alottadav

Post by alottadav »

J-Madd wrote:
That's right. It's fine to go outside and play! I just finished a great "gravel grind" on my bike.

JMADD-

based off of our previous PM's would you mind weighing in on what to run my next cycle.

Saracen^ has me thinking BLK professional with some added E, and then after a block or so maybe switch to GREEN to focus on E for selection tryout

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

alottadav wrote:
J-Madd wrote:

JMADD-

based off of our previous PM's would you mind weighing in on what to run my next cycle.

Saracen^ has me thinking BLK professional with some added E, and then after a block or so maybe switch to GREEN to focus on E for selection tryout
I want to be careful here, as we are always reluctant about advice for specific selections. Please take this with a massive grain of salt. Much will depend for me on what your performance numbers look like when you come out of base building. If your running, swimming, and calisthenics are where you need them to be, then I'm with Saracen; go for BLK professional for a few blocks until you to a few months from the big day and then switch to a selection specific program in consultation with your mentors. If after base building, you still need some work to get into striking distance of those measures, go Green. Keep in mind that there is a pretty fine line between Green and Black Pro + Fighter. You could split the difference, which might be what Saracen has in mind with the extra E.

alottadav

Post by alottadav »

SUN-
FS 155 5x5
WPU 38 5x5
OHP 105 5x5
20 one handed KB swings, 10 each hand. x5 with 62#kb

MON- 40 min LSS ride on airfbike

later that day 2,000m row for work PT test. 7:30
Then hit another row workout. 30 seconds on 90 seconds off for 15 rounds. goal is 160m on each 30s split

alottadav

Post by alottadav »

TUES

FS 155 5x5
WPU 38# 5x5
OHP 115 5x5
One hand KBS 62# 10 each hand. 3 sets.

Yoga session 30 min.

TUES EVENING
30min treadmill, incline at 15, speed at around 4mph. LSS hill run with GTG pullups every 5 minutes or so.