C-Black's Training Log

C-Black

C-Black's Training Log

Post by C-Black »

So, I've just completed base building and have exactly 7 weeks before I ship out to boot camp for the Marine Corps with an infantry contract. Previously before finding tactical barbell, the majority of my training was military athlete. However, I had always wanted to learn how to program for myself and that's what I love about tactical barbell. Anyhow, After getting some advice from some good people here at TB, I've figured that the best thing to do is to use the BRC Prep guide, as I plan to try out for Recon. I will be using the fighter template for strengthwork alongside the Prep guide. My cluster is the grunt cluster; FSQ/OHP/WPU. I'm hoping that the OHP and WPUs have some carryover to things like ammo can lifts on the cft and pull-ups on the pft. Anyways, I know it's not 100% tactical barbell but I'd like to keep a log here just for myself and anyone else who cares to read.

Green2Blue

Re: C-Black's Training Log

Post by Green2Blue »

Glad you started a log. Good cluster. Not many people here do TB exactly as written lol. That's the beauty of it, you can adapt it to your goals.

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

Green2Blue wrote:Glad you started a log. Good cluster. Not many people here do TB exactly as written lol. That's the beauty of it, you can adapt it to your goals.
Thanks G2B, and you're right. That is the beauty of the system. I always wondered how I could balance strength work with conditioning to be good at both. Every time I'd put emphasis on heavy conditioning I'd get weaker, and vice versa. Glad I found something that leads to the "elite middle ground."

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

Today's training consisted of two sessions. A.M. 4 mile run. First mile was way to fast, but felt damn good, ran a 6:45. Second mile was around 8 minutes and I kept that 8-9 minute pace throughout. Pretty okay conditioning session. P.M. Training consisted of my first session back on the weights in awhile. 70% 3x5 FSQ@135 (Went light) OHP@85 and WPU@25lbs vest. First time working FSQ and OHP in a long time, definitely lacking some strength there. Looking forward to tomorrow swim session.

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

Nice 400m swim for today's training. Immediately after the swim did a 15 minute tread alternating hands out of the water. Finished the session off with some bobs and underwater swimming.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Good work!

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

Today has been super busy. I'm a senior in high school and tonight I'm graduating. Actually, in about 3 hours the ceremony starts. Anyway, I managed to get in a little 2 mile ruck at 40#. Planned on a 4 miler but not all always goes as planned. Rucked in the rain on hilly and sandy terrain in new boots. I wasn't tired by any means, but I was surprised to see that I finished in 30:34 :shock: definitely found a weakness to target. I'm only 5'6, guess I need to walk faster lol.

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

Thanks grouchy!

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

A.M. Training: 70% 3x5 FSQ OHP, and two work sets of DL in place of WPUs today. Weights felt good, things are starting to feel right again in the weight room.

P.M. Training: Little evening swim session, nothing too challenging. Did half of a hypoxic swim ladder. Practiced the sidestroke and breaststroke, and worked some treading. Starting to come together in the pool. Now off to have some fun at a friends graduation party.

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

4 mile ruck today with the girlfriend and dog. Nice weather.