C-Black's Training Log

C-Black

Re: C-Black's Training Log

Post by C-Black »

80% 3x5 FSQ OHP WPUs. Weights felt pretty heavy, definitely lost some strength. Not a big deal compared to how conditioned I am right now, and barbell training isn't a high priority for me anyways. After hitting the weights I got in the pool and did a hypoxic swim ladder, and 200 meters sidestroke. Nice training day.

K.B.
Site Admin

Post by K.B. »

Keep it up, great work. There's always potential for a little strength-lag after Base but nothing that won't bounce back. The important thing is you made that investment in your conditioning base.

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

Thanks K.B.! And yes during base I definitely noticed that I was lacking in my aerobic capacity and don't regret the short break from the weights one bit. My running has been taken to the next level actually, just from the added structure of E work and running during base.

Forgot to log yesterday, went out on the paddle board and kayak in the morning with my girlfriend. Swam around in the springs for about 2 hours and then paddled back to the dock. Good little workout. Here's the highlight of yesterday (P.R. Ahead!). ran a fast5 at what I thought was a 7 minute pace, but no! Smashed my goal of an 18 minute 3 mile run! Base building definitely worked; I could always run sub 6 minute miles, but never had the aerobic capacity or endurance to keep that pace. Yesterday I ran hard and didn't even feel too tired. Happy with my results!

Today's training: 5 mile ruck on a nice hilly trail. Good evening weather too.

DocOctagon

Post by DocOctagon »

C-Black wrote:Here's the highlight of yesterday (P.R. Ahead!). ran a fast5 at what I thought was a 7 minute pace, but no! Smashed my goal of an 18 minute 3 mile run! Base building definitely worked; I could always run sub 6 minute miles, but never had the aerobic capacity or endurance to keep that pace. Yesterday I ran hard and didn't even feel too tired. Happy with my results!
Outstanding!

Green2Blue

Post by Green2Blue »

Great job!

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Awesome!

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

Thanks guys, glad I can check that one off the list. Can only get better from here on out.

Today's training: A.M. Lift session 3x5 80% FSQ OHP WPU and 1 set of DLs. The second session on the weights during the week always feels easier to me. Ready to get somewhat heavy next week at 90%.

P.M. Training: did 5x400 repeats all under 70 seconds. Felt really good. Full recovery in between sprints, and noticed that I recovered way quicker than I used to while doing sprints.

Been sunburnt bad for two days now and I have another ruck tomorrow. The skin is blistering, gonna get the girlfriend to put some aloe on lol.

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

Swim session today, 600 meters total. 100m freestyle warmup, then 500m continuous swim alternating between sidestroke and breaststroke. Then finished with treading water with hands in and out of water, and 3 sets of 25m underwater swims.

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

6 mile fun run today. Ran at a sub 10 minute pace. stopped every 7 minutes and did a set of 10-12 strict pull-ups and 25 crunches. First fun run and I definitely recommend them. Felt good.

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

90% 3x3 FSQ OHP WPU. Weights felt great today. I think my strength is definitely starting to come back. Was going to swim but the weather was terrible. Will get after it tomorrow with a run and some swimming action.