C-Black's Training Log

C-Black

Re: C-Black's Training Log

Post by C-Black »

Today's training: 5 mile run at 9:30-9:50 pace. Nice and easy. Then to the pool for a total of 700 meters continuous swimming. Alternated between Sidestroke, breaststroke, and CSS. Mostly sidestroke though, because that's what I'll be using at BRC. Finished with treading and underwater swims as usual.

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

Early morning pt with my recruiter. Did 3x800 repeats after each repeat did ten burpees and straight into the next one. Finished with a pull-up ladder 5-1-5 with push-ups (10) and sit-ups (25) and one final max set of pull-ups (25).

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

Well gents, I'm off to boot camp. Recruiter got me an earlier date and I took it. I leave June 12th, wish me luck!

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

Hello gents, I am back from boot camp and officially a United States Marine. Right now I'm currently at the school of infantry, so physical training outside of what we do here everyday is scarce. Will definitely continue to use TB, and update the log once I graduate from here and can workout again in the fleet. Can't say enough about TB though. In the short time I ran it before boot, it paid dividends for my SE and E. I did really good on the physical portions of boot camp (although they weren't too challenging.) I could just tell I was in good shape. Thanks to KB.

K.B.
Site Admin

Post by K.B. »

C-Black wrote:Hello gents, I am back from boot camp and officially a United States Marine. Right now I'm currently at the school of infantry, so physical training outside of what we do here everyday is scarce. Will definitely continue to use TB, and update the log once I graduate from here and can workout again in the fleet. Can't say enough about TB though. In the short time I ran it before boot, it paid dividends for my SE and E. I did really good on the physical portions of boot camp (although they weren't too challenging.) I could just tell I was in good shape. Thanks to KB.
Congrats! Great job.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

C-Black, sorry for just seeing this now. Congratulations and welcome to the family, Marine. Enjoy your time at Camp Geiger. Once you hit additional MOS training or the fleet I hope you can post regularly again.

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

Thanks guys! We just finished up our last hike on Friday night after a long week in the field. Only 2 more weeks left. 1stSgt also told us where we are getting stationed, which was definitely cool to know. I'm ready for the fleet that's for sure.

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

So, tested my maxes for the first time since before I went to boot camp. BP: 200 SQ:265 WPU:60. Definitely lost a lot, but that’s expected after boot camp and SOI. Either way I just got back from a 2 week field op in Virginia, and was able to start my new training block. Running operator with black pro, using BP SQ WPU for my cluster. Probably going to stick to hill sprints and track based conditioning, along with one longer run or fun run a week. Also going to try and hit deadlifts 1-2 times a week. First session back felt great. 70% BP 145 4x5 SQ 175 4x5 WPU 40 5x5. Looking forward to hitting it tonight, heading to the gym now!

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

This weeks training so far, started last Wednesday. Wed: 70% BP SQ WPU
Thurs: Rest
Fri: 70% BP 5x5 SQ 5x5 WPU 5x5
Sat: BOO II (sucked.. in a good way lol) ran it with a buddy.
Sun: 70% BP 4x5 SQ 4x5 WPU 4x5
Mon: unit pt. Had to get a lot of shots, and felt very bad so didn’t do my long run. But had a nice hic type workout with tire flips, pull-ups and sprints for unit pt.
Tues: tonight’s training will be either an E run or swim. I’ll probably rest though. Up to 80% tomorrow! Feels good to be able to train again. I’ve definitely got to work deadlifts in for the remainder of this block too.

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

I’ve been consistent with my training, not so much this log however. Today was lots of classes and then prac app, afterwards we headed to the gym for squad pt. Currently on my 2nd block of OP/Black. Today went like this: BP: 3x5 180lbs SQ: 3x5 240lbs WPU: 3x5 50lbs. We’ve been conditioning in the morning as a platoon for the past month or so on top of my own conditioning sessions. Lots of long runs and swimming. Definitely switching to using a TM next block seeing as were doing a lot of pt as a unit.