C-Black's Training Log

C-Black

Re: C-Black's Training Log

Post by C-Black »

Platoon PT this morning. Counting it as a conditioning workout. 4 rounds: 800m run, 10 burpee pull-ups, and leg blasters: 20 air squats, 20 jump squats, 20 lunges, and 20 jumping lunges.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

C-Black wrote:Platoon PT this morning. Counting it as a conditioning workout. 4 rounds: 800m run, 10 burpee pull-ups, and leg blasters: 20 air squats, 20 jump squats, 20 lunges, and 20 jumping lunges.
That looks fun, in the painful way.

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

Just got back from Jungle Warfare Training. About to restart this block tomorrow. Lots of moving under load at jwtc, my conditioning was great. Ready to get back to the weights after 2 weeks in the jungle though. Platoon pt is a ruck run tomorrow morning. I’ll lift tomorrow night.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

C-Black wrote:Just got back from Jungle Warfare Training. About to restart this block tomorrow. Lots of moving under load at jwtc, my conditioning was great. Ready to get back to the weights after 2 weeks in the jungle though. Platoon pt is a ruck run tomorrow morning. I’ll lift tomorrow night.
Sounds awesome!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

So the ruck run was killer this morning. It was easy enough when running on the flat ground, but the hills here were brutal. Also, as I said I would, I restarted my last block. Maxes are as follows BP: 225 SQ: 290 WPU: 75 DL: 335. I am using a 90% TM as recommended in my training now as well. 70% BP 5x5 145 SQ 5x5 185 WPU 5x5 35. Playing with the max sets allowable due to it being the 70% week, and that I am now incorporating a TM which I haven’t been in the past. Looking to add a few pounds also.

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

grouchyjarhead wrote:
C-Black wrote:Platoon PT this morning. Counting it as a conditioning workout. 4 rounds: 800m run, 10 burpee pull-ups, and leg blasters: 20 air squats, 20 jump squats, 20 lunges, and 20 jumping lunges.
That looks fun, in the painful way.
Oh yeah, that was a good one. Had a race against my Plt Commander for first place.

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

Barkadion wrote:
C-Black wrote:Just got back from Jungle Warfare Training. About to restart this block tomorrow. Lots of moving under load at jwtc, my conditioning was great. Ready to get back to the weights after 2 weeks in the jungle though. Platoon pt is a ruck run tomorrow morning. I’ll lift tomorrow night.
Sounds awesome!
Thanks! JWTC had a killer endurance course. It was fun for sure.

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

Morning squad pt 15-12-9-6-3 reps of push-ups, KB shoulder press 24kg, dips, shrugs, and 1 minute plank. PM training: “moving under fire/Pepper potting.” 3 rounds 2 min rest interval.

grouchyjarhead

Post by grouchyjarhead »

How is moving under fire treating you?

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

grouchyjarhead wrote:How is moving under fire treating you?
Great, thanks for prescribing it! Haha. I can feel my conditioning getting better. Especially on the “beat your face” sessions. Those are brutal.