C-Black's Training Log

grouchyjarhead

Re: C-Black's Training Log

Post by grouchyjarhead »

Yeah BYF sucks big time. It’s great for conditioning but it’s a big gut check.

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

AM Training was squad pt. We ran to the pool and did some laps, and finished with 15 minutes of treading water.
PM Training: 70% BP 4x5 145 DL 3x5 215. Capped the DL at the 3 sets. My body is pretty sore all over right now. Also, been reading “Deskbound” by Kelly Starrett, recommended by GrouchyJarhead. Great mobility work you can integrate daily, for all areas of the body.

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

AM Platoon pt. We ran down to an open field where 3 tires were staged. Proceeded to have a fun squad competition. It was a race, went like so: one person from the squad does 5 burpees, and flips the tire. After flipping the tire, sprint 50 meters, drop and do 10 push-ups, then sprint back. When the person gets back, the next Marine goes. Meanwhile, the rest of the squad is in a plank. Pretty fun competition and nice run back to the barracks.
PM Training: conditioning. Did 1 round of BYF. Usually do two but due to time constraints and since I also conditioned this morning, I cut it to 1.

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

AM squad PT: run swim run. 3 mile tempo run, straight into the pool for a 500m swim, and then run back to the barracks.
PM Training: Operator 70% BP 4x5 145 SQ 4x5 185 WPU 4x5 35

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

Conditioning today: Anaerobic Capacity. Now going bowling with the boys.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

C-Black wrote:Now going bowling with the boys.
Sounds like beer LSS :D
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

Barkadion wrote:
C-Black wrote:Now going bowling with the boys.
Sounds like beer LSS :D
Indeed :lol:

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

AM Training Platoon PT: 3 mile run to the pool. Then, 300m swim, 20 min tread with brick and bottom samples, and 20 min poolside calisthenics. Ran back to the barracks and stretched. Conditioning and SE is on point right now, I breeze through these workouts.

PM Training: start of 80% week. BP 4x5 165lbs SQ 4x5 210lbs WPU 3x5 35lbs. This session was rough. The weights felt sluggish and heavy, and I had to bump down from 45lbs to 35lbs on the WPUs in order to complete my reps. Many variables could’ve affected today’s session; I didn’t eat breakfast this morning, and my caloric intake was lower today due to my schedule. I also lifted later in the evening than I am used too, and I have also been doing two a days almost every day due to Platoon and squad mandated pt sessions. Either way, I will continue to show up and do the work. Bad days happen to all of us.

C-Black

Post by C-Black »

Yesterday was an unplanned rest day. After how I felt Monday, I figured it was due. I love to workout, so if I’m really not feeling it and my body is feeling run down, sometimes it’s better for me to let off the gas a little bit. Glad I did so because I felt considerably better today, and was hungry to get to the gym.

80% Operator Week 2 BP 165lbs 4x5 DL 240lbs 4x5
Finisher: LWSW 10lb DB and Farmers Carry

The weights felt very light today. Gonna have to ease off on my own conditioning, especially when I’m running consistent two a days with platoon pt.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

C-Black wrote:Yesterday was an unplanned rest day. After how I felt Monday, I figured it was due. I love to workout, so if I’m really not feeling it and my body is feeling run down, sometimes it’s better for me to let off the gas a little bit. Glad I did so because I felt considerably better today, and was hungry to get to the gym.

80% Operator Week 2 BP 165lbs 4x5 DL 240lbs 4x5
Finisher: LWSW 10lb DB and Farmers Carry

The weights felt very light today. Gonna have to ease off on my own conditioning, especially when I’m running consistent two a days with platoon pt.
LWSW with 10lb??? Impressive. I am full of hate for humanity with 5lb.. :lol:
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky