Wolke's Training Log Ageless Athlete

awolke4

Wolke's Training Log Ageless Athlete

Post by awolke4 »

I have started Ageless Athlete this week and thought I would keep a log to help me keep track of what I have been doing. I played soccer through high school and rugby in college. I competed in Powerlifting on and off for 10 years and I am hanging up the knee wraps.

Week 1 Base Building
M-Tango Circuitx2 (pushups, pullups, goblet squats, hang leg raise, and cleans)
T-LSSx30minutes (Stationary Bike, I need to fix my bike tire)
W-LSSx 30 minutes (Run. First time in 3 years. took it really slow, ran for 15 minutes until my hips started to get uncomfortable then stopped)
TR-Recovery
F-Tango Circuitx 2 (Pushups, pullups, KB swings, Turkish getups, and KB overhead press)

Tango circuits were much harder than I thought they would be but I got through it.

Operation Be Less Fat has commenced.

mikhou

Re: Wolke's Training Log Ageless Athlete

Post by mikhou »

awolke4, welcome to the community and to TB/AA. You won't find a better group of folks or a better overall S&C system. There are some very knowledgeable posters here (referring to others, not myself) so ask any questions that you have, and we look forward to tracking with you.

mikhou

awolke4

Post by awolke4 »

Thank you for the kind welcome! I look forward to learning from great people.

awolke4

Post by awolke4 »

Lssx30 today.

I ran for 10 minutes before the front of my shin started to hurt. Walked for 5 then ran for 10 finishing with a 5 minute walk.

I ran a few hours later than I like (I'm usually going by 5:30) which I could feel the difference.

Tomorrow is an off day. I'm down 2 pounds so I'm walking around at 250.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

"awolke" eh . . . hmmm . . . welcome aboard? ;)

awolke4

Post by awolke4 »

Thanks j-madd! What can I say I'm super creative.

awolke4

Post by awolke4 »

Base building week2 AA

Day 1
Tango circuitsx2- pull-ups, push-ups, Australian pull-ups, goblet squats, and Russian twists

I slept great last night but I felt like crap this morning when I started my workout. I barely got through the last circuit.

I'm going to go through base building twice this summer because of my being way out of shape. I want to take it slow so I'm extended the sets of 2 for tangos.

If anyone has a better idea for what I'm thinking, then please let me know. I'm new to this endurance work.

244 this morning.

awolke4

Post by awolke4 »

Lssx30

I'm plodding a little bit easier than last week. I'm also still getting used to the altitude here. Just need stronger lungs!

awolke4

Post by awolke4 »

Lssx30

I'm really f****** excited about my run today. Yesterday I ran for 10 min straight hitting .7 miles in 12 min but today I did that in 9 min. My pace when I started was 20 min/mile and today my pace was 14:30.

This is awesome for someone who could not even run across the street because my knees would hurt. I got 2 miles in 28 minutes. Today I ran for 9 minutes straight at a faster pace without meaning too and only took 5 minutes in TOTALfor walking.

Today was awesome.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

awolke4 wrote:Lssx30

I'm really f****** excited about my run today. Yesterday I ran for 10 min straight hitting .7 miles in 12 min but today I did that in 9 min. My pace when I started was 20 min/mile and today my pace was 14:30.

This is awesome for someone who could not even run across the street because my knees would hurt. I got 2 miles in 28 minutes. Today I ran for 9 minutes straight at a faster pace without meaning too and only took 5 minutes in TOTALfor walking.

Today was awesome.
Excellent Wolke!!!!! This is superb. Keep putting that work in. Remember that now is a dangerous time -- don't overdo it. Just stay the course!