Wolke's Training Log Ageless Athlete

awolke4

Re: Wolke's Training Log Ageless Athlete

Post by awolke4 »

grouchyjarhead wrote:Great progress, Wolke!

Thank you grouchyjarhead!

awolke4

Post by awolke4 »

Today was Tango Circuits.

But I have had a major setback in my running from yesterday.

I have injured my foot more severely than initially thought. I tried running on it yesterday and not even 50 feet later, I had to stop. It is this dull aching pain that becomes more severe the more I run on it. It does not hurt when I walk or stand for long periods of time. It only when I run. I do not know what this means but once I get my insurance with my new employer figured out I will be going to the doctor to check it out.

Biking does not hurt it so I will be doing bike work to replace it for now. This is a huge disappointment for me, I have avoided running like the plague and it took a lot to get back to it. Maybe a few weeks off will do the trick. Next time I will take the talking test much more seriously than I did this time around and really watch my volume. I think I overdid the volume, even though I was warned twice about it.

I will start on a stationary bike (I got used to those on my last program "Corps Strength") then work my way up to road biking. Saturday will be my next LSS and hopefully, it goes well. I can feel the difference in recovery from my running the last three weeks, and I hope I can keep it up!

travman

Post by travman »

awolke4 wrote:Today was Tango Circuits.

But I have had a major setback in my running from yesterday.

I have injured my foot more severely than initially thought. I tried running on it yesterday and not even 50 feet later, I had to stop. It is this dull aching pain that becomes more severe the more I run on it. It does not hurt when I walk or stand for long periods of time. It only when I run. I do not know what this means but once I get my insurance with my new employer figured out I will be going to the doctor to check it out.

Biking does not hurt it so I will be doing bike work to replace it for now. This is a huge disappointment for me, I have avoided running like the plague and it took a lot to get back to it. Maybe a few weeks off will do the trick. Next time I will take the talking test much more seriously than I did this time around and really watch my volume. I think I overdid the volume, even though I was warned twice about it.
Sucks to hear about your injury. Smart move training around it.

Keep pushing, see the doctor let us know how it goes!

awolke4

Post by awolke4 »

I will be visiting a doctor this week about my foot/ankle.

Yesterday was the start of actually lifting a barbell again. I'm down to 241 in the mornings and I can feel the difference. My squats are not as powerful. But I've not done any repetitions over 3 reps for over a year now so this was very different.

During this workout I hurt my right side back, knee, hamstring, ankle, and pec. Found out it's because the barbell itself is unbalanced. It's heavier on one side than the other. I'm meticulous about bar placement and alignment so I know it was not my bad alignment.

I'm probably going to have to buy a barbell and keep it in the office gym. I'm out the rest of the week but will be back doing something next week