Steve's Training Log

bluejay44993

Re: Steve's Training Log

Post by bluejay44993 »

CelticFrost91 wrote:Green Block 3 planning

Had some time to research some reasons as to why my runtime has been going a little south. I got my answer thanks to some very informative/experienced TB users. I'll post the threads that I found useful for anyone to look at. My goals are shooting for a damn near 300 PFT (USMC) and prep for OCS, so if that sounds like you, these threads are going to be very useful.

User looking for guidance on OCS prep
Working for speed and long distances
E after BB
Also, something that was mentioned was the "Perfect 30 mile week." The closest to what I could find to what the poster was talking about can be found here. I'm going to roughly use it as a guide and it seems to work well with what is talked about in TBII.

And of course the OCS blog which I'll be looking at for some of the workouts (fartleks and push/pull mainly).

Here is how my Green is going to work. It's going to be much more specific than my previous blocks with more speed work in the right direction. Weeks 7-9 obviously is when SE kicks in and my training may have changed some by then, so I won't touch up on this yet.

1-MS Bench, Squat, DL + plank & shank pullups (either the push/pull/press or a 30x3)*
2-E- Fun-run or fartlek
3- HIC- F5's, BOO, Oxygen Debt, Buffalo Laps, or Anaerobic Capacity (or an interval run of the sort)
4-MS Bench, Squat, OHP +plank & shank pullups
5-HIC same options as previous
6- SE + E- Long distance run These will generally be done at a faster pace with an LSS thrown in every once in a while. I'm gonna shoot for 50 min. plus but not exceeding 8 miles.
7- Rest

For my SE, as per Bangkok, I'll be running Tango.
Starting off with 1 min. RI and doing AMR in 1 min starting with 2 circuits
Pullups, Goblet Squats, KB Swings, pushups, KB press, and crunches
35 lbs KB.

*Depending on what I have planned for HIC, I may include the P/P/P/A workout. This is usually if I don't plan on doing a fartlek or funrun. This, of course, will affect how my pullups look after MS, which I might do max set.
Ayy thanks for the tag haha keep working hard bro. I just broke my wrist so I guess I'll be out for awhile now. Return to max strength when I come back to recover the losses.

bluejay44993

Post by bluejay44993 »

Keep working hard for that 18 minute mile bro!

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

bluejay44993 wrote:Keep working hard for that 18 minute mile bro!
Thanks man! Hope that wrist heals up, I had a bad wrist injury once, wasn't fun haha.
1/7

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Green Week 1 Day 1

Interval Run 40 min. 4.7 miles
PPPA 10/8/6, 25/20/15, and 2min/1.5/1

Green Week 1 Day 2

Fartlek Run 40 min. 5 miles

Pushups (alternating with diamond push ups for 15) x 25, squats x 25, flutter kicks x 25

Back at it. After my week long break, I'm feeling the time taken off. Weather was pretty damn hot for those runs, which made it more challenging. Keeping the runs simple for this first week, slowly going to increase volume as I get used to it. Also decided to do PPPA only three times a week as it makes a pretty good finisher for MS.

Anyways, until next time.
1/7

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Green Week 1 Day 3
MS 75%
Bench 150 5x5
Squat 205 5x5
Deadlift 245 1x5
PPPA

Yesterday but memories still fresh. Felt good. I did hit the gym once during my week off to do something. I was extremely sore the next day so I decided to just wait out the rest of the week. Do not feel sore today, which is great. All the lifts felt good. Bench felt very light but I am not gonna bump any numbers. We'll see how I feel when it's 90%. Just like last time, I am gonna bump up deadlift volume slowly. Going straight into 5x5 for the first week back doesn't carry over well into running. PPPA was a GREAT finisher. Pullups and pushups were very challenging. My gym doesn't have a 35 lb kettlebell so I settled with a 22kg one (48lbs). Kicked my ass. I might just stick to doing this at home where I have my own 35 lb kettlebell.

Green Week 1 Day 4
BOO
One arm kettlebell swings 35 lbs 1 min. (pretty much 15 reps per arm)
800 meter run as fast as I can
2:30-3min. break
Five circuits

Great workout. School track was empty which was great. I think last time I did this some track kids ended up using my kettlebell while I was running. I felt really good afterwards. I was afraid I would feel yesterdays workout but I didn't notice anything.

Tomorrow is a LSS run. Gonna shoot for 50-60 min.
1/7

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Green Week 1 Day 5

LSS 50 min. 6 miles

Ended up having to do a night run. A lot better than my last (no bugs) but I was pretty much forced to go at a slow pace because of how dark it was. It was decent but I always prefer running in the day.

MS is next.
1/7

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Green Week 1 Day 6
MS 75%
Bench 150 5x5
Squat 205 5x5
OHP 100 5x5
SE Tango as many reps in one min. x 2
Pullups
Goblet Squat
Kettlebell Swings
Pushups
OHP
Planks

Pretty easy training session. I was happy with all of my lifts. Even though it is lighter weight I noticed that I tend to recover much quicker in between sets. I also noticed that I can do my reps faster while maintaining good form and not tiring out. Tango was perfect after this. It was a good way to end the week. Next week I may bump it up to 3 circuits.

Green Week 2 Day 1
Interval Run 45 min. 5.5 miles

Damn was it hard today. Around the 3 mile mark it became a mental battle to keep the pace up fast. I wasn't too happy with today's run.

Tomorrow I'm thinking of a tempo run.
1/7

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Green Week 2 Day 2

Tempo Run 45 min 5.7 miles
PPPA
Pull-ups 11 9 7 Push-ups 26 21 16 (supersets with no rest)
35lb kettle bell press and crunches (2:00,1:30,100)
Press-106,102,84. Crunches 109, 70, 40

I don't think it's fair to call this a true tempo run but I ensured to go faster than my typical 5-6 mile runs. Felt pretty damn good. Held a consistent pace until the last 10 min or so when I really started to feel the run.

Next up is MS
1/7

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Green Week 2 Day 3
MS 80%
Bench 160 5x5
Deadlift 255 1x5
PPPA

For the most part this was a great workout. I was in the zone and feeling good for every lift. I was looking forward to squats but by the time it came for me to hit the rack, it was taken. The gym was abnormally crowded tonight and we only have one squat rack... So I did a PPPA while the guy was squatting hoping to knock that out of the way. Unfortunately he had front squats left, it was getting real late, so I said fuck it. I'm gonna hit squats first thing tomorrow morning. Normally I would take the skip, but next week I'm going to the field for four days so I'm really kicking myself for not getting in my squats tonight. I feel like a crackhead not getting his full fix.

Tomorrow, other than those squats, I'm doing some HIC. Either a tempo run or something like BOO again. Squats first thing in the morning and HIC after classes should give me some recovery time. Let's just hope the squat rack isn't taken in the morning...
1/7

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Green Week 2 Day 4
MS
Squats 215 5x5

HIC

Oxygen Debt 101
200m max effort x 3 30 sec. RI
3 cirtcuits 3 min Ri

Got the squats in today, felt weird going to the gym just to knock them out.

Oxygen debt was a lot of fun. Never tried it before, underestimated it and it kicked my ass. Next time I'm gonna shoot for a fourth circuit.

Tomorrow is a good ol long run.
1/7