Day 1
SE 3x30
Heavy Pushups
Extra Heavy Lunges
Heavy One Arm Presses
Extra Heavy Deadlifts
Extra Heavy Rows
Light Pull Aparts

These are all done with bands. Went lighter on the pushups to make sure I was doing everything with good form.

Day 2
E
40 min LSS Run

Felt a lot better. Might be because I ran when it was 90 and not 110. It was also at night which forced me to run slower because of how dark it was. I've been tracking my runs with a running app. I always feel these are way off because the pace it gives me is way too slow to be true. I'm gonna test it out when I can get access to the PFT trail.

Day 3
SE 2x30
Same as before but did Extra Heavy pushups. Feeling better as far as SE goes... just hurting to get underneath a bar again...

Currently looking up home gym options. Just moved in and my garage is big enough. Gyms are indefinitely closed in the area... to include on base. It'll be nice to go straight to a lift right before work or right after. Pretty excited.
1/7

CelticFrost91

Re: Steve's Training Log

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Base Building Week 2
Day 4
E
40 min LSS Run

Day 5
SE
2x40
Same as before to include planks

Day 6
E
45 min LSS Run

Week 3
SE
3x40
27 min
Same as before except replaced lunges with extra heavy front squats (banded)

The runs are starting to feel better. The last run I noticed an improved overall pace. I attribute this to it being 80 degrees instead of in the 100s. Pullups still on pause because I lost the screw to my 12 year old bar during the move...

The bands are getting old and SE is definitely starting to feel like a mental grind. I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Ordered a rack and a bench. Going to build a home gym. Unfortunately it'll take a month to get here, but the gyms are indefinitely closed here. Trying to keep SE challenging by focusing on each rep, increasing band resistance, etc. Going to also start sharing unit PT here. I read some good feedback online about people using TB for PT, might try it and post what the results here. Nothing beats a good ol Animal Rock Run though.

Weekly weigh in: 172lbs
1/7

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

CelticFrost91 wrote:Base Building Week 2
Day 4
E
40 min LSS Run

Day 5
SE
2x40
Same as before to include planks

Day 6
E
45 min LSS Run

Week 3
SE
3x40
27 min
Same as before except replaced lunges with extra heavy front squats (banded)

The runs are starting to feel better. The last run I noticed an improved overall pace. I attribute this to it being 80 degrees instead of in the 100s. Pullups still on pause because I lost the screw to my 12 year old bar during the move...

The bands are getting old and SE is definitely starting to feel like a mental grind. I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Ordered a rack and a bench. Going to build a home gym. Unfortunately it'll take a month to get here, but the gyms are indefinitely closed here. Trying to keep SE challenging by focusing on each rep, increasing band resistance, etc. Going to also start sharing unit PT here. I read some good feedback online about people using TB for PT, might try it and post what the results here. Nothing beats a good ol Animal Rock Run though.

Weekly weigh in: 172lbs
Congrats on home gym decision. It’s best investment of my life! You’re not going to regret it.
Good luck!
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

5/3/1 BBB Week 1
Yep. Gym's on base finally opened. Due to how insanely strict they are because of covid, I have to wake up at 4 to ensure a spot in line to get in at 0530 for a time limit of 50 min... CAN'T WAIT FOR MY HOME GYM.

Anyways, due to how long I've been out of the gym, and how this week would've been the last week of SE, I decided to go straight into 5/3/1. I will be completing the remainder of the E side of BB (I know... it's not to the "t" of the book, but I have done something similar in the past with good results).

Overall, I did lose a lot of strength. What is most noticeable is how adapted my body is to the resistance bands. It's weird lifting actual weights again and makes me even more turned off from bands in general.

Day 1
Bench: 135x5/150x5/170x5 Last set I could have gone for more, but I forgot that the last set was a + set...
OHP: 85 5x10
Dumbell rows: 55 5x10

Normally I would do more assistance work... but this put me around 45 min. (gym had 50 min. time limit). Used the last 5 min. for stretching.

Day 2
Squats: 175x5/200x5/225x7
Deadlift: 210 5x10 These felt the weirdest because I did a lot of band deadlifts...
Stretch

Weight: 172

Going to use the bands only for assistance work if needed, I am just not happy with how much I lost with form. Granted, it's been months since I could lift due to covid. Looking forward to getting everything back.
1/7

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

5/3/1 BBB Week 1
Day 3
Interval Run
35 min.
2 min. as fast as possible, 2 min. slow x 5

Actually felt good on this. Hit decent paces and felt lightyears better since I got here.

Day 4
OHP 75x5/85x5/95x11
145 5x10
One arm rows 60 5x10
Facepulls 3x10-15 various weight

Already starting to feel the weights feeling "normal" again. Really not liking having to workout on such a limited schedule. Don't think all of my home equipment will come in time to beat this, still have to wait for plates.

Diet is starting to be an issue. Due to training and a big schedule, meal prepping is going to be hard to squeeze in this weekend. Although this has been the best my eating has been, I want to minimize eating out for the sake of not cooking dinner (usually only prep lunch for work).
1/7