Steve's Training Log

CelticFrost91

Re: Steve's Training Log

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Green Week 3 Day 1

Fartlek 6.4 miles 50 min.

So just for my essay, week two was completed. I started week 3 last week but because of a four day drill I'm simply doing it again this week. Drill was pretty much patrolling and running PB ops. Did my best to eat a lot. Also, skipped out on Monday because of how late we got released on Sunday and I was in class from morning till night.

Run felt good, noticed it's not as fast as I normally run but hopefully that's just because of drill.

MS is next
1/7

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Green Week 3 Day 2
MS 80%
Bench 175 3x5
Squat 235 3x5
Deadlift 280 1x5
PPPA session
Pretty good day. Was surprised with how easy the weights felt.

Day 3
Tempo Run 5 miles 36 min.
Decided to go with a longer tempo run, felt great. Was happy with my results.

Day 4
PPPA session
LSS 60 min 7 miles

I originally wanted this to be a fast paced long distance, however I had to choose a new running route for the night which took me through neighborhoods and holy fuck, bugs were flying in my mouth. Wish I could've ran this one faster.

Next up, MS then some rest. Happy with how Fighter has been working with Green. Really didn't expect the weights to feel as they did this week.
1/7

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Green Week 3 Day 5
MS
Bench 175 3x5
OHP 115 3x5
Squat 235 3x5
Tango AMRI 2 circuits
Pull-ups 23 24
Goblet Squat 50-60? 40 30lbs
Push-ups 50 40
Kettle bell swings 35-40? 37 48 lbs
OHP 20-25 21 48 lbs
Plank

So I guess I pooped up. Looked through my old logs and found out I bumped up the weights on bench and deadlift on my last 90%, so next time I'm bumping bench to 180 and deadlift to 285. Guess this is why I have a log. Also, the MS earlier this week was 90%, not 80 or whatever I put. Also again, it really isn't fun squatting with gas. Talk about an adrenaline rush.

Every lift felt great. Like really fucking good. OHP came much easier than expected. I'm not adjusting any numbers (other than what was mentioned above). Only issue was I damn near ate shit squatting because my shoe was loose and I almost slipped. Scarier than the gas. Tango went great. Kicked my ass and now I'm ready to rest.
1/7

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Green Week 4 Day 1
Interval Run 50 min 5.8 miles

Bad run. Weather was shitty and was not mentally prepped. Felt sluggish throughout.

Day 2
Fartlek Run 50-55min? 6-7 miles?
Pushups 25
Squats 25
Flutterkicks 50
Diamond pushups 15
Lunges 50
Bicycles 50
Shoulder press (push up variant) 25
Squats 25
Flutterkicks 50
Pushups 25
Squats 25

Waited for the weather to clear up. Never did so I ran out in the rain again. The whole reason I tried to avoid it is so I don’t get sick. It was some freezing ass rain but whatever. Phone shit on me halfway so I have no idea how far I went, I just hit the exercises where I usually end up doing them. Run felt similar to the previous run, i.e. like shit.

Day 3
MS 75%
Deadlift 250 3x5
Bench 155 5x5
Squat 205 3x5

Decided to bump up bench and deadlift by 5lbs to match the increase from last week. Also starting to bring up deadlift volume. 3 sets for now. Had to go with 3 sets for squats because there was some people waiting for our only squat rack to open. Not a big deal.

I think I’m gonna keep one week in one post. This is just to prevent clutter. I’ve been having to do so simply because of time and I like that format better.

Day 4
HIC Oxygen Debt
3 miles slow pace

Decided to run to the track just to get more mileage in. I think I figured out why my runs have been shitty as of late (even today’s run was like running in syrup). With the addition of these weekly HICs, my mileage has probably been cut down, affecting my endurance... this would make sense. So what that means is either I add in some running on one of my MS days or I cut HIC, which makes me worried about increasing speed... not gonna lie, I feel absolutely lost. I don’t know how to get my run time lower and it’s starting to feel like an uphill battle.

Day 5
Long Run 8.2 miles 1 hour 5 min

Long run at a faster pace. Felt great. A lot different than the other runs this week. Kept a solid pace throughout.
1/7

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Green Week 5 Day 1
MS
Bench 5x5 165
Deadlift 1x5 265
Squat 5x5 215
PPPA

Didn’t do my last day of MS, so instead I’m just moving around my rest day and MS to day 1. This week I’m looking to be more consistent with SE and increasing my mileage.

Good day today. All lifts felt solid, PPPA was once again a bit kicker. Stuck with one set of deadlifts today. Tomorrow is gonna be a fartlek run.

Day 2
Fartlek
6.4 miles 50 min

Started off sluggish but I felt good sometime halfway through.

Day 3
Tempo Run
5 miles 35 min 50 sec

Fastest 5 mile time, so I was pretty damn happy afterwards. Even though I almost got hit by a motorcycle cruising on the path.

Day 4
MS and SE
Squat 215 5x5
Bench 165 5x5
OHP110 5x5

Today’s workout was alright. Lifts felt good but poor sleep last night had me feeling a bit out of it. Also found out I have a PFT on Saturday with my OSO. Gonna take a rest day on Friday and maybe squeeze in a 5 mile run after the PFT for mileage.

Day 5

Long Run 8.3 miles 1 hour 5 min

Pretty good Run. Felt great throughout.

Day 5
6 miles 48 min

So the PFT got cancelled, decided to go for run in the rain anyways. Didn’t really know what kind of run I wanted to do so I just went for a decent pace.

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Green Week 6 Day 1
MS and PPPA
Bench 180 5x3
Deadlift 1x5

No squats because the damn rack was busy the whole time. Gonna do an extra MS day for squats at the end of the week.

Day 2
Interval Run 6.6 miles 55 min.

Day 3
Tempo Run 5 miles 36 min 55 sec

Day 4
MS
Bench 180 5x3
Squat 235 5x3
OHP 115 5x3

Been a real busy week so I probably won’t be able to get into detailed analysis. Shits been good, went easy on the SE for the sake of time and because next week I start the SE focus anyways.

Runs felt ok, not the best. But this last gym session was just what I needed. Managed to squeeze it in after a long day. Could’ve taken the skip, but I went anyways. Everything felt solid. Going to be bumping the numbers up for the next time MS rolls through. It’s weird seeing my numbers slowly climb while focusing on running and pretty much staying around the same weight.
1/7

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Last week I finished it out before going to drill for the Marine ball. Ended up needing a well deserved recovery day and couldn't get a training day in due to travelling and school. So this week is an "extra week."

Day 1
Fartlek run 6-7 miles
Same as the previous run. Phone broke so I had no way of tracking my distance other than remembering where I usually stop for 6-7 miles.

Day 2
SE
MARSOC Short Card
This was a workout our my recruiting station is doing. Not mandatory but we can submit our scores on a document to stack up our times against each other. It was fun but I feel it was too easy compared to the traditional SE from TB. In other words, I think TB is doing a great job of prepping my SE. Hit 27 consecutive dead-hang pull-ups after the workout, I never thought in my life I would do that. Also did the exercises in 13:20.

Here is the workout.
1/7

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Day 3
Tempo Run 5 miles 36:10

Great run! Unfortunately on Day 4 I had to cut the run very early. Phone said it was gonna rain only during my run time. No biggie. What happens? Close ass lightening strikes. I noped the fuck out and I’m really pissed that I couldn’t finish the run. Lightening in November? In Chicago? Like come on. As pissed and butthurt that I am, I’m gonna make up for this lame week. As Ricky in Trailer Park Boys says, “Make my words.”
1/7

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Stopped posting because of how busy school life got. Didn't stop training though. Currently on week 2 of another cycle of Green. Just found out the other day that I passed the board and I'll be going to OCS this upcoming June. Pretty pumped. The only changes I made to my training is an emphasis on weekly mileage over HIC sessions to improve my 3 mile run time. At a minimum I'm running 30 miles a week, the end of the school year had me coming short of that goal at times. I think last week I only logged in 26 miles. I'm not gonna post last week, I'm just jumping right where I am at.

Green Week 2

Day 1- 5 mile Tempo Run 37:10
Legs were sore from the long run and squats two days prior, other than that it felt great

Day 2- Fartlek Run 1 hour, 7.42 miles
Started with a mile warm up, and ended with a mile cool down. I feel it really helps with recovery. Exercises every half mile, 30reps for squats and pushups, 50 reps for the flutter kicks.
1/7

CelticFrost91

Post by CelticFrost91 »

Green Week 2 Day 3
MS
Bench 175 5x5
Squat 225 5x5
Deadlift 275 1x5

Recovery Run 35 min 4 miles

Good day at the gym. I was honestly surprised at how easy 175 felt. Squats were ok and the deadlift was ok as well. The recovery run was at a very slow pace, but I felt wonderful afterwards.
1/7