eXpo's Training Log

eXpo

Re: eXpo's Training Log

Post by eXpo »

Base Building Week 6 - 12/2/18

Moved to SE now. Decided to go with the following cluster although any advice would be appreciated! Still continuing to do the Fighter pullup program on my none SE days.

SE Cluster:
10kg DB Goblet Squats
Pressups
Situps
10kg DB Renegade Rows
10kg DB Romanian Deadlifts

I think that should cover all the bases but if anyone has any suggestions please let me know :D I wanted to incorporate KB swings instead of the RDL's but I've not a clue how to do them properly.

Monday

Training:
3x20 Alpha Circuits (1min RI between exercises, 3min RI between circuits)
Stew Smith Shoulder workout finisher

Notes:
Really struggled with the pressups, only managed around 15 before I started struggling which is weird so I'm going to put it down as an off day. I could really feel the renegade rows working my core instead of my back but I'll see how I get on. Everything else was good! Felt tough but I enjoyed it.

eXpo

Post by eXpo »

Tuesday

Training:
60mins Football practice

Notes:
Felt really good, had one of my best training sessions and really felt like I could have carried on running around for ages. My chest and back are really sore from the circuits yesterday.

Wednesday

Training:
Recovery day.

Notes:
Feeling a bit sore and tired today so I'm glad its a scheduled recovery day. Just gonna take it easy and do some light walking and stretching.

eXpo

Post by eXpo »

This Week

I had to travel home suddenly on Thursday and didn't have the chance to train apart from playing football on Sunday for 90mins so I'm going to repeat this week of base building.

eXpo

Post by eXpo »

Base Building Week 6 #2 - 19/2/18

Monday

Training:
Pullups: 4,3,2,1
3x20 Alpha Circuits (1min RI between exercises, 3min RI between circuits)

Notes:
Really struggled on my pullups today. I'm still tired after football yesterday so maybe thats why. Started missing some pressup reps again but that is to be expected after last week I suppose.

Tuesday

Training:
60mins Football training

Notes:
Felt fine during training. I've started taking a new protein all in one supplement (usually I just have pure whey) that contains creatine, glutamine and some other stuff so I'll see how that goes having never taken creatine before!

Wednesday

Training:
Recovery day (15mins light stretching)

Notes:
Feeling pretty tired today so I'm glad for a recovery day. Gonna try and reduce my food intake a little bit as I've got some weight I want to shift.

eXpo

Post by eXpo »

Thursday & Friday

Been a shite past few days. Got hit with a bad cold Wednesday night and still feeling it now (man flu ey haha) so looks like I'm going to have to repeat this week of base building AGAIN next week :cry: :lol:

Just gonna rest up and take it easy over the weekend.

godjira1

Post by godjira1 »

man flu sucks. lol.

on a more serious note, i have been trying out using my polar h10 to measure my HRV every morning (pairing with the app elitehrv). It seems to give me a heads up when i am coming down with something - reduced HRV and increased HR typically arrive 1-2 days before.
It ain't what you don’t know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain’t so.