eXpo's Training Log

eXpo

eXpo's Training Log

Post by eXpo »

Ultimate Goal: To be fit enough to join the British Royal Marines

Standards:
- Two part 3 mile run. First 1.5mile to be completed in 12mins 30 seconds. Second 1.5mile best effort to be completed in 10 minutes (Aiming for under 9mins) with 1min rest in between runs.
- 60 Pressups in 2 minutes
- 85 Situps in 2 minutes
- 16 Overhand Pullups

Current:
- 1.5 Mile: 9.39 (after 1.5 mile in 12mins)
- Pressups: 25
- Situps: 35
- Pullups: 3

Aims:
I've realised I'm not (or never have been) very strong and this is an area I wish to improve in along with working towards my aims above. I think the added strength will help my potential SE as well as general resiliency etc. I currently weigh around 80kg and would like to achieve the following:

Strength Goals:
Bench: 80kg - Current: 65kgx3
Squat: 120kg - Current: 80kgx2
Deadlift: 160kg - Current: 105kgx3

Plan starting Jan 18:
- Run Base Building (strength first)
- Run 1-2 blocks of Operator + Black Professional (Running Operator will hopefully allow me to increase my strength quickly so I can use it as a base to build the required high levels of SE. Hope to use a fun run once a week to incorporate some SE during these blocks).
- Run Fighter + Green until I reach my goal :D

Did my testing this week so plan to start Base Building Monday 8th Jan so just going to go through the motions this week and rest up over the weekend.

eXpo

Re: eXpo's Training Log

Post by eXpo »

Training:

Easy 30min LSS run (9kph, 1%)
Plank & Shank Finisher (30sec hold x 3)

Notes:

Felt pretty good although my legs are still a bit sore from testing my squat. Trying to take it easy and really looking forward to starting base building next week. Got a Polar heart rate watch arriving tomorrow so excited to give that a test run.

Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

Good luck with it :)

eXpo

Post by eXpo »

Dave1 wrote:Good luck with it :)
Cheers mate!

Training:

Grip Finisher (12.5kg dumbells x 1round)

Notes:
Run felt good and put my new Polar watch through its paces and managed to keep my heart-rate between 145-150 throughout.
Grip workout was a lot harder than I thought it would be! Only managed one round before it felt like my hands were gonna fall off. Gonna aim to get through it 3 times before I think about increasing the weight. :D

eXpo

Post by eXpo »

Base Building Week 1 - 8/01/18

Base Building Started! Going with Max Strength first and the standard cluster of Bench Press, Squat, Pullups. Planning on incorporating deadlifts once a week if I can. Due to the increased running, I'm using a training max for all of my lifts as well.

Training:
Bench Press: 45kg (4x5)
Squat: 52.5kg (5x5)
Pullups: 25kg assisted (4x5)

Notes:
Everything felt easy apart from the pullups, not sure why I struggled a bit with them. Looking forward to the run tomorrow :D
Last edited by eXpo on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

eXpo

Post by eXpo »

Tuesday

Training:
60mins Football Training (Soccer)

Notes:
I know it's not strictly part of base building but I didn't really want to stop playing football so I'm gonna count it as an E session.

Wednesday

Training:

Notes:
Feeling pretty tired and my legs are quite sore. Definitely feeling the effects of football.

Thursday

Training:
Light stretching and mobility stuff.

Notes:
Feeling tired today and legs are still sore so pushing back my strength session until tomorrow.

eXpo

Post by eXpo »

Strength and E session today!

Training:
Bench Press: 45kg (3x5)
Squat: 52.5kg (5x5)
Deadlift: 67.5kg (3x5)

Easy 30min cycle. HR around 125-130.

Notes:
Everything felt easy today, especially the deadlifts. I did 5 sets of squats as my legs have always been a weak point of mine. I took pullups out as I was doing deadlifts but should I keep them in if I'm doing Fighter? Might try doing a fun run or a long fartlek run tomorrow and see how it goes!

eXpo

Post by eXpo »

Long E Session

Training:
60minute Standard Issue Fun-Cycle! Comfortable pace (130-135bpm). Every 6mins alternating between 10x burpees and 20x squats/10x pressups.

Notes:
My shins are sore from running so decided to cycle instead of run (crap excuse I know haha). Cycling felt really good today although I was starting to feel it in my legs in the burpees and squats towards the end of the session. Back home now and my legs feel like jelly haha :D Gonna rest and refuel tomorrow. It's been a really good week of training, looking forward to cracking on with the rest of it.

eXpo

Post by eXpo »

Base Building Week 2 - 15/1/18

Monday

Training:
Bench Press: 50kg (3x5)
Squat: 60kg (3x5)
Pullups: 20kg assisted (4x5)

Notes:
Felt good today. Trying to work on my squat form and keeping everything as tight as possible. I have football training tomorrow so just did the minimums.

Tuesday

Training:
70mins Football Training (Soccer)

Notes:
Weather here has been horrendous. Pretty sure it was raining, hailing and snowing all at the same time! :lol: Good session tho, was pretty tired after it.

Wednesday

Training:
Easy 40min LSS run (9kph, 1%)

Notes:
Run felt easy and no shin pain :D
Last edited by eXpo on Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eXpo

Post by eXpo »

Thursday

Ill.

Friday

Ill.

Saturday

Training:
Bench Press: 50kg (5x5)
Squat: 60kg (3x5)
Romanian Deadlift: 45kg (3x12)

40min LSS run (9kph)

Plank + Shank Finisher:
Plank: 3x1min
Shank: 3x1min

Notes:
Been a pretty crap week. Was really ill Thursday and Friday for some reason. Felt a lot better today so tried to make up for the lack of gym time with my workout. I had to substitute in Romanian deadlifts instead of regular ones as the platform was out of use :roll:. Hopefully next week will be better!