Better Milk?

WallBilly

Better Milk?

Post by WallBilly »

So, the wife came to believe that she has a problem with lactose, but she loves milk.

On top of that, she is a hard-core vegetarian (no fish or poultry or beef, but not vegan.) So, milk is her best source of protein.

She tried all the almond milk and soy milk and goat's milk and lactose-free "milk," but was not satisfied.

This week, she brought something home from Wal-Mart called "FairLife", out of a dairy farm in Indiana. It is super-pasteurized, filtered, and they take the lactose out. The stuff is good for like 3 months after you buy it, and 14 days after you open it. It is real milk, just processed probably by somebody with a PhD in Chemical Engineering.

On top of that, it has almost twice the protein per ounce of regular milk, and half the sugar.

On top of that, it tastes yummy!

https://fairlife.com/ultra-filtered-mil ... cent-milk/

Tyr0331

Re: Better Milk?

Post by Tyr0331 »

If you have any dairy farms near you that you can trust, I would try some raw milk. I know a lot of people who can’t handle pasteurized milk but have no issues with raw milk. Again, make sure it’s a local dairy that you can trust

alottadav

Re: Better Milk?

Post by alottadav »

Im with TYR0311, I dont have access to any good dairy farms though.

Paul Chek, has some good points on pasteurization though. It kills ALL the enzymes and bacteria, including the good ones. Essentially destroying all the living aspects in the milk- which is likely why most folks have issues with it. Raw milk still has the enzymes and bacteria in it.

That being said. I also drink the Fairlife stuff- PLUS their choc milk has 13g protein and 13g sugar and is FANTASTIC. Small glass of that is a post workout treat for me a couple times a week.