Great presentation about alcohol and it's impact on one's life (training and then some) from Precise Nutrition

Barkadion

Great presentation about alcohol and it's impact on one's life (training and then some) from Precise Nutrition

Post by Barkadion »

Would I be healthier if I quit drinking?

https://www.precisionnutrition.com/quit-drinking

"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Ibrahimovic105

Re: Great presentation about alcohol and it's impact on one's life (training and then some) from Precise Nutrition

Post by Ibrahimovic105 »

Glad I haven't drinked that poison yet..better stay away from it altogether :o 8-)

Barkadion

Re: Great presentation about alcohol and it's impact on one's life (training and then some) from Precise Nutrition

Post by Barkadion »

Ibrahimovic105 wrote:Glad I haven't drinked that poison yet..better stay away from it altogether :o 8-)
if youth knew and age could..

Ibrahimovic105

Post by Ibrahimovic105 »

Barkadion wrote:
Ibrahimovic105 wrote:Glad I haven't drinked that poison yet..better stay away from it altogether :o 8-)
if youth knew and age could..
Hmmm...deep brother..

ectional

Post by ectional »

You definitely haven't missed out on anything. Just saved yourself from plenty of embarrassing situations.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

They are pretty spot on over there at precision nutrition. I wish they still offered there book package over online training.

I love a glass of wine with a meal, but I stay away from beer and spirits these days.
I definitely do notice when I have more than a glass though

VenomousCoffee

Post by VenomousCoffee »

I haven't had a drink in almost 18 months and it's one of the best decisions of my life. Don't miss it at all.

Something to keep in mind is that the size of alcohol glasses have increased a lot over the years. So people now are drinking more than in the past without even realizing it.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

VenomousCoffee wrote:I haven't had a drink in almost 18 months and it's one of the best decisions of my life. Don't miss it at all.

Something to keep in mind is that the size of alcohol glasses have increased a lot over the years. So people now are drinking more than in the past without even realizing it.
They call it “functional alcoholic”

https://www.dualdiagnosis.org/alcohol-a ... alcoholic/

Ibrahimovic105

Post by Ibrahimovic105 »

I haven't ever drinked in my life...some of my friends have started drinking beer and also hard liquor.They say beer doesn't have that much effect on health so it's okay to drink beer.What do y'all say should I drink?No one in my family drinks...I don't have any temptations but am I missing out on something by not drinking?
Last edited by Ibrahimovic105 on Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

Ibrahimovic105 wrote:I haven't ever drinked in my life...some of my friends have started drinking beer and also hard liquor.They beer doesn't have that much effect so it's okay to drink beer.What do y'all say should I drink?No one in my family drinks...I don't have any temptations but am I missing out on something but not drinking?
I like the taste of wine with dinner. 1-2 glasses or I’ll split a bottle for special occasions.

I used to like beer but I became allergic. You aren’t missing out on drinking besides taste. Drinking to get drunk is overrated but that’s in hindsight. I have had my fill of forgetting nights out.