Favorite Diet Resources?

BubbaFat

Favorite Diet Resources?

Post by BubbaFat »

Just curious what everyone's go-to diet resources/books are. I've seen Eat-To-Perform mentioned a few times on the sub, what else is out there that meets the standards of this community?

K.B.
Site Admin

Re: Favorite Diet Resources?

Post by K.B. »

I haven't delved into their stuff lately, but Precision Nutrition (Berardi) is excellent. They work with elite athletes - including Olympic Gold medalists - and tend not to get carried away with trends and fads. They take a very balanced and contextual approach.

J-Madd

Post by J-Madd »

I didn't get much out of the actual dietary recommendations in this book -- they aren't bad, they are just common, i.e., eat lots of protein and only good carbs. I did find their explanations as to why eating crappy food is really, really bad for you to be illuminating. For example, they got me with the "rotten remains of the exploding fat cells in your bloated beer gut" insight. I haven't been able to drive past a Sonic without a slight sense of nausea since I read that line. If you are looking for something to help explain the science between eating well to a layman, this is probably a good resource (even though it is not without its controversial claims).

https://www.amazon.com/Strong-Medicine- ... g+medicine

Train_Hard_Live_Easy

Post by Train_Hard_Live_Easy »

K.B. wrote:I haven't delved into their stuff lately, but Precision Nutrition (Berardi) is excellent. They work with elite athletes - including Olympic Gold medalists - and tend not to get carried away with trends and fads. They take a very balanced and contextual approach.
x2 They are one of the better resources out there, no hidden agendas [although they do offer coaching services at the tailend of each article, but that's natural]

They operate on principles and not fads as KB noted.

Have to say the quote that always springs to mind is a Dan John gem "Eat Like An Adult" ...... that will about do it for the mainstream of clients .... unless you are getting stage ready, or cutting for a sporting event, that's about it.
Have a great one

Steve
Train Hard, Live Easy.
"What was hard to do, is sweet to remember" Seneca.

Blackmetalbunny

Post by Blackmetalbunny »

There are a few other writers that approach dialing in your diet with a focus on macros and a sensible eating approach

Eric Helms - The Muscle and Strength Pyramids - Nutrition
Tom Venuto - Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle