Fasting

eXpo

Fasting

Post by eXpo »

Hi TB,

Just wondering what your guys guidelines are around fasting as I'd like to give it a try.

How often? How long? Do I fast all day and then have an evening meal? Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Maxrip13

Re: Fasting

Post by Maxrip13 »

Why do you want to fast ?

I don’t really rate it but the reality of my job is sometimes I don’t get too eat.

I just recently focused on counting calories and macros and had the best body comp results of my life. I ate more food than I had before and actually had to force a meal down each day at the start because I was used to eating less.

eXpo

Post by eXpo »

To be honest, I'd never really considered it but some benefits have been quoted in the books and others have shared that's it's good used as a "reset" every once in awhile so just thought I'd give it a try, especially if I've had a cheat meal/day the day before.

Just curiosity really! However I am currently doing my BB block so might not be the best timing.

Maxrip13

Post by Maxrip13 »

eXpo wrote:To be honest, I'd never really considered it but some benefits have been quoted in the books and others have shared that's it's good used as a "reset" every once in awhile so just thought I'd give it a try, especially if I've had a cheat meal/day the day before.

Just curiosity really! However I am currently doing my BB block so might not be the best timing.
Experiment with it after BB. One major change at a time to test your results is best.
I used it for a while but really it was an excuse for lazy eating.

When I did it, I would "fast" while working which would turn into me justifying poor food choices.

Recently I ate properly and focused on getting more protein in and had better results.

Give it a try and see how your body responds. I do better with 4 smaller meals throughout the day, but you might be different.

If you fast, then do it properly. I think a certain hour feeding window make more sense than others with no eating at all.
Eat well still and don't use it as an excuse for burgers and pizza to get your calories in for the day like I did haha.