Paleo diet

Barkadion

Re: Paleo diet

Post by Barkadion »

It has been about a month or so. Diet is working and I have lost about 5lb so far which is OK but it is not my goal. I kinda hit a wall with training feeling exhausted.. I cut my current block short of 1 session and taking about a week off before next block. Let's see if I will readjust to the game..
"Man is what he reads." - Joseph Brodsky

Aiwacht

Post by Aiwacht »

Are you low-carbing it, or just cleaning up sources?

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Aiwacht wrote:Are you low-carbing it, or just cleaning up sources?
More like cleaning up. Still taking ~ 200g carbs daily. It does come from non-grain source, though.

TBPenguin

Post by TBPenguin »

Barkadion wrote: Still taking ~ 200g carbs daily. It does come from non-grain source, though.
It's difficult to imagine taking in that much carb and feeling run down as a result of carb reduction. Bark, have you considered doing any kind of 2-4 week transition period to "more fat burning" like Maffetone and others describe? I don't have any idea whether it fits with what you are trying to do, so it might not make sense. It just seems that if your body feels "carb deprived" at 200 grams a day it might be worth looking into.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

TBPenguin wrote:
Barkadion wrote: Still taking ~ 200g carbs daily. It does come from non-grain source, though.
It's difficult to imagine taking in that much carb and feeling run down as a result of carb reduction. Bark, have you considered doing any kind of 2-4 week transition period to "more fat burning" like Maffetone and others describe? I don't have any idea whether it fits with what you are trying to do, so it might not make sense. It just seems that if your body feels "carb deprived" at 200 grams a day it might be worth looking into.
I haven’t heard about that.. i will look it up. Thank you TBP.

Barkadion

Post by Barkadion »

Looks like 1 week off did it's magic and I am back to it. I really need to be smarter about recovery.. I've used to do regular 1 week break between blocks in the past and I might need to get back to it.. At least once in a while.

Very hot and humid summer doesn't help either..